But I did do a mini interview with Maria V. Snyder once three years ago. Yeah, a little old, but I still had the Q/A's saved since I had to have an interview in a paper I did for an English class my freshman year. So I thought I post it here, the info is really nothing too new and has more to do with wanting to be a writer than about Maria's books.
Maria is one of my favorite authors as you can see from my sidebar of favorite authors. I even had the pleasure of meeting her at RT 08 in Pittsburgh. I didn't have enough cash for the hotel, convention and flight, so I just did the book-signing event held on that Saturday and we went to lunch together that day. It was without the doubt one of the coolest days of my life!
Since I want to be a write someday soon, but have to go through the hard-hard-hard process of trying to get published, which is hard from what I hear. ;) These tips I found to be very useful. This interview was done online through email, on November 9 2006. So here it is:
- Do you write full time or part time?
- If you write full time, is it hard to just write as a career and make ends meet?
- How long does it take you to finish a novel?
- Is it hard to meet deadlines for your books?
- How do you get new ideas for your books?
- Was it hard to find a publisher for your books?
- Was it hard to get noticed, meaning like finding an agent or someone who decided that you should be published.
- How did you get noticed for your work?
- Any suggestions for aspiring writers?
Be sure to head over to Bitten by Books on SEPTEMBER 1 2009, for an interview with Maria and a contest to win a copy of Sea Glass!!!