Feb 8, 2010

Cover Art






















Okay so these covers have been on the web for awhile, but I thought I would post them anyway because they are so awesome! Man, I hope when I get published I have an awesome cover designer as well! The one at the very top is Devon Monk's Magic on the Storm, the next Allie Beckstorm novel that releases May 4, 2010.

Here's the BOC: "Magic stirred in me....I closed my eyes, wanting to lose myself to it. Wanting to use magic in every way I could. But that woudl be bad. I had enough magic inside me; I could burn down a city. And I didn't wan tot do that...."

Allie Beckstrom knows better than most that when magic's involved, you always pay. Whether the price is migraines, amnesia, or muscle aches, she is committed to her work as a Hound, tracing illegal spells back to their casters. But her job is about to get much more dangerous.

There's a storm of apocalyptic force bearing down on Portland, and when it hits, all the magic in the area will turn unstable and destructive. To stop it from taking out the entire city, Allie and her lover, the mysterious Zayvion Jones, must work with the Authority--the enigmatic arbiters of all things magic--and make a stand against a magical wild storm that will obliterate all in its path.

**Also on Devon's website she says she has a new steampunk-western-fantasy series that she sold to ROC for 2011 and 2012 release dates. Also later this year in the fall she will have a book that is a collection of her shorter works, currently titled A Cup of Fiction.

The next two covers is Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, starring Savannah all grown up--like 21 I think? Anyway, it's titled Waking the Witch. The cover on the left was the older one and the cover on the right is the one that will be printed here in the US. I don't know if this changes the international covers or not, not sure how that process works.

I have to say that I am liking the newer cover better. You still get Savannah, but you get to put a face to the name. The motorcycle is still there in the background, although it was cooler to see Savannah's body on it. The building in the new cover also makes things more interesting rather than seeing her in the woods. Plus the coloring looks a lot cooler I think in the newer one as well. Digging the blues and the touch of green as well. It seems blue is the in color, for Devon's book has a similar color scheme.

Here's what's on the BOC:

The orphaned daughter of a sorcerer and a half-demon, Savannah is a terrifyingly powerful young witch who has never been able to resist the chance to throw her magical weight around. But at 21 she knows she needs to grow up and prove to her guardians, Paige and Lucas, that she can be a responsible member of their supernatural detective agency. So she jumps at the chance to fly solo, investigating the mysterious deaths of three young women in a nearby factory town as a favour to one of the agency's associates. At first glance, the murders look garden-variety human, but on closer inspection signs point to otherworldly stakes.

Soon Savannah is in over her head. She's run off the road and nearly killed, haunted by a mystery stalker, and freaked out when the brother of one of the dead women is murdered when he tries to investigate the crime. To complicate things, something weird is happening to her powers. Pitted against shamans, demons, a voodoo-inflected cult and garden-variety goons, Savannah has to fight to ensure her first case isn't her last. And she also has to ask for help, perhaps the hardest lesson she's ever had to learn.

**And this one releases August 3, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!