May 3, 2010

Melissa Marr Signing

The Saturday before I went to RT, Melissa Marr was in St. Louis so I swung by my library to hear her chat in a much smaller group than RT would have.

That was a fun little thing too. Small gatherings like that are always fun too. You can ask questions and things are a bit calmer.

She talked about her books, read an excerpt of a deleted scene, talked about her writing career and how she got there. All very interesting information that I really enjoyed. She mentioned just a little bit about the fifth and final book in the Wicked Lovely series. Nothing major really, just tiny pieces to it.

Below are a few pics as well:

Here I am getting my books signed by Melissa with a librarian's assistance.

I was talking to Melissa and telling her how I was leaving for RT and that it was my first time going. She gave me some advice about how the convention can be overwhelming--and it was at times--but still fun and to beware of the cavemen. Which since I am a good girl I did take her advice, only because I was wiped out that night!

Most of the pictures from that night are the same so I'll leave it at that. Now when I go to the Richelle Mead signing later this month I'll take more pics if I can. That one might be a little more crowded because really, how can you not love Vampire Academy?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you stayed away from those cavemen...
    Good pics even though not too many, next signing we should see huge crowd pictures!!!


    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!