Oct 15, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):
When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?

Wow, coincidences. I used to always stick with a book no matter how rough a beginning it may have. Because I always want to be able to finish a book and be able to review it properly. But lately there have been a few books that I just could not get into, so I stopped. It doesn't happen very often. Really yesterday was the last time I can recall doing this. Before that I don't even remember. But yesterday wasn't a good reading day for me after finishing my last book.

18 comments:

  1. Dropping by via the Friday hops. :) I am also your newest follower. If you have the time, drop by Clandestine Sanctuary.

    xoxo. Greyz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - hop and follow
    come by and see us
    www.seducedbybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that is too bad that you ran across one of those rare can't finish books.

    Onward to more great inky words!

    Hop Hop Hop.

    Black Disaster Fairy
    http://literarydaydreams.blogspot.com
    http://wickedsexybooks.blogspot.com
    http://ikissbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joining in the fun! Now following your blog. Happy Friday! :)
    http://rabid-reads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This question was coincidental for me, too. I'm currently reading a book I really don't like... but I'm sticking it out anyway (I'm almost done). I want to give it a fair review. And then I can move on to something better.

    Just stopping by from the Hop. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Returning the visit! I've had those bad reading days, too. Sometimes I've picked up as many as four books in a row that didn't work at the time, though some of them were good reads later, when I was in a different mood. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!
    Stopping by the hop to say hi!
    Here's mine:
    http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/10/book-blogger-hop-is-hosted-by-jennifer.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just hoppin' on by to say "Hi!" And I see you on the Underground all the time too!

    I will stick with it and finish a book even if I don't like it. Thankfully this hasn't happened much!

    Happy reading this weekend!
    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/
    New follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. Found your blog through the hop. :)

    you can find me here.

    http://michellesramblins.blogspot.com/

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just hoppin’ on by <3 Wow, that is a coincidence that you came across your fist book like that. =s

    I usually stick books out, even if it annoys me like crazy. I like giving fair chances to books, and I feel incomplete if I don’t finish it. I’ve even stuck it through an entire series I absolutely hated. Maybe it’s just me being weird.

    Kristina @ Frazzled Book Nommer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by on the hop, to say Hi and Im a new follower :)
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jessica!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting!
    Wow, you already read Nighshade? I´m so jeaslous... Did you like it?

    Have a great weekend!

    xoxo,

    Christine
    @Reading on the Dark Side

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy HOP and thanks for coming by. I've come to the point that if reading the book feels more like a chore than enjoyment, I stop. My thought when I read should be "I can't wait to see what happens next" and not "ugh I'd rather go scrub toilets." I guess it's up to priorities. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a great weekend!


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopping by! Hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Hope you come visit my blog - and check out my giveaway!

    http://libertyfallsdown.wordpress.com/2010/10/15/book-blog-hop-15/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopping by...stop by my blog if you like to see my answer to this week's question.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!