Nov 14, 2010

Review--Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

I USED TO BE YOUR AVERAGE, EVERYDAY GIRL, BUT ALL THAT CHANGED ONE NIGHT IN DUBLIN WHEN I SAW MY FIRST FAE AND GOT DRAGGED INTO A WORLD OF DEADLY IMMORTALS AND ANCIENT SECRETS...

In her fight to stay alive, MacKalya must find the Sinsar Dubh--a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can't trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men; V'lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.

Devoured Karen Marie Moning's Bloodfever in record time! It was so easy to get lost back into her world only having just left it with Dreamfever, and Bloodfever picks up right away with just two weeks of time having passed.

It's amazing how much focus Moning puts into the books, being new to the series I didn't know what to expect and now I see where the thread is going. Mac is searching for the Sinsar Dubhr and I can see this being the major key for the rest of the series. I have to read the next two books though to be sure, but with other books in series you see new problems occurring every book, not all series are like this though. I like a series that takes a problem and sticks with it throughout the series and the Fever series does this!

Mac is adjusting to her abilities rather well, but her problems are only just beginning, literally. The events from Darkfever have left more problems to arise and more mysteries are still left unsolved. Like the mysterious Jericho Barrons. I still can't figure this man out! He's very intriguing and just downright complicated! Sometimes I can't figure out if he really is betraying Mac in some ways or not. I feel as clueless as Mac!

V'lane is still yet another mystery. He's not there as much as I thought he would be. And I still wonder about his role in everything. What he says is one thing, what he does is another! The Fae here in this series truly stick to their mysterious and devious personas.

Along the way Mac encounters new and old enemies and soon finds herself in the thick of things and getting into more danger as the days go on. And the action and suspense is just now stop! It's well paced though, there are moments when you think things might be settling down to give Mac a break and that's when something else happens! And the ending here was sort of cliffhangery!

There was bit more of romantic tension in the book as well. It goes a little farther as well than what I saw in Dreamfever, so reading Faefever is definitely next on my list!

Overall I give it 5/5 stars!

4 comments:

  1. Oh just wait, this series keeps on getting better with every book! :)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica you are now on your way to having "Fever" Fever!

    Welcome to the rest of us Barron and Mac addicts!

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the first two comments! It's so addictive! I'm almost done with Faefever now and it's killing me to read them. I know what happens but it feels so fresh to me again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just told by a fellow blogger that I have to read this series next and that I'm not allowed to argue. LOL Great review, good to know she isn't just leading me on! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!