Jan 2, 2011

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
This week the theme was a tie! So the themes are: BOOKISH RESOLUTIONS FOR 2011 and BOOK COVERS I'M COVETING FOR 2011!

I'll start with Bookish Resolutions which might be a little tricky for some reason...

5.
Complete my 2011 Debut (YA) Author Challenge from the Story Siren, which I have no doubt that I can't. Since I already have 3 books done and a list of more that I HAVE to read!

4.
This is a two part one, I first have to get a Kindle to replace the Kobo I got, because that one wasn't cooperating with my laptop so I decided to have my sis get me this one instead. After I get that, I have to then figure it all out!

3.
Make sure I buy some Kindle books instead of buying all hardcopies like I'm used to. I already have a few titles in mind if the price is better than a hardcopy!

2.
Read a LOT of books!

1.

Get myself ready and into gear to start querying and get myself at least signed up with an agent!

I've seen quite a lot of covers for next year already, but I'm sure some more GREAT ones are on the way. So here are my Top 5 from the ones that have been released as of now.

5.

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neil, click here for the BOC

4.

Burn the Night by Jocelynn Drake!

3.
Cat Adams' Demon Song. Click here for a BOC description.

2.

Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany, (is anyone surprised?) Click here for a BOC description.

1.

Jeaniene Frost's This Side of the Grave with the inner cover flap included of course!! Click here for the BOC description.

This was slightly harder because there were a lot of covers that I liked! And here a few other notable honorary covers:


Andrea Cremer's Wolfsbane





Jenna Black's Shadowspell

And now I will stop because I could go on and on and then some about the covers that I like (so far) this year!

3 comments:

  1. Great resolutions and GREAT covers! I especially love Demon Song! There´s something about those read gleaming eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Burn the Night cover!! And Secrets and Shadows. But Shadowspell is my favourite of the ones you've got on there. Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hon! I just got back from trip and I decided to postpone my Top 5 sundays post to next week... =/

    of course you can add the link to this post then =D sorry hon!

    Love the post! I had not seen the Burn The Night cover! Gorgeous! YAY! =D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!