Jan 22, 2011

Top 5 Sundays


Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week's theme is: BOOKS YOU WISH WERE PART OF A SERIES, BUT AREN'T

Oh my! This one gets trickier because most of the books I read are apart of a series, even if it stars different main characters like Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series. My, my, my!

5.

The Claire Switch Project by Lynsay Sands, was in the anthology Dates from Hell. Another short story, that as far as I know, wasn't a series. It was an interesting little story where people could morph into someone else, like a picture from a magazine. It was interesting! There was another short story in Holidays are Hell with the same characters and world, but with a different main character and storyline.

4.

The Midday Mangler Meets his Match by Rachel Vincent from The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance (Volume 1). I loved how this short story went. It was a neat little way of seeing vampires in society and I liked it. But sadly, it is only a short story and not a series.


3.

Old Magic by Marianne Curley. OMG! I LOVED this book!! It was mostly about magic/witches and then the teens went back in time to put a stop to a curse and whatnot. It was just a 1 booker, but I loved the story so much. Don't know how many times I read it! But there weren't ever any other books starring Kate and Jarrod. Sigh...

2.

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. I totally loved this storyline, better than the movie, but the movie was okay on its own I really enjoyed the mystery and how these characters were and ended up. Would have loved to seen more of them, but again, another 1 book deal.

1.

Demon in my View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. The one that started it all!! This was my first vampire book and I totally loved it. Maybe it had something to do with the heroine being named Jessica with the hot bad vamp starting to fall for her. I don't know. I just adored this one. And while Amelia wrote other vampire books in the same world, there was never another Aubrey and Jessica book. So I'm counting this too!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge short story fan but I loved Blood & Chocolate. Have added the other 2 to my wishlist now, they sound really good! Thanks for the info :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I'm so happy you posted these books here! Thanks for the reminder! I loved Old Magic and Demon in my view(they would be on my list too). It may be because they were some o the first books I read in the Fantasy genre. Anyways, great list!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while but I remember reading and liking Old Magic.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to check out Demon in my View. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picks! I havent read any of them, but they do look good hehe =D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!