Apr 22, 2011

Review--The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber

With radiant, snow white skin and hair, Percy Parker was a beacon for Fate. True love had found her, in the tempestuous form of Professor Alexi Rychman. But her mythic destiny was not complete. Accompanying the ghosts with which she alone could converse, new and terrifying omens loomed. A war was coming, a desperate ploy of a spectral host. Victorian London would be overrun. Yet, Percy kept faith. Within the mighty bastion of Athens Academy, alongside The Guard whose magic shielded mortals from the agents of the Underworld, she counted herself among friends. Wreathed in hallowed fire, they would stand together, no matter what dreams or nightmares—may come.

Leanna Renee Hieber's The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker was a great followup to the first one! The titles are pretty long-winded!

Anyway, this one picks up pretty much where we left off in the first one, so the story moves along rather quickly and the battle that has been brewing, you could say, is getting hotter. The fight is coming closer and not everyone may survive. 

I was a little distracted in my reading of this since I had relatives come into town which kind of threw off my reading track, but I did finish it today and it was still rather enjoyable. I just wish I didn't have the interruptions! Oh well!!

Percy is getting used to her new lifestyle rather quickly and adjusts pretty well. There are a few shocking revelations that are made throughout the book and I'm wondering where they might lead to. The ending, was incredibly shocking so I really can't wait to dive into the third book to see what it will all be about.

The pacing is just as good as the first time around. The story moves along at a decent rate. The language is just beautiful. It has a nice descriptive flow to it without it being too wordy or boring to read. The language just fits in with what's going on.

I am so looking forward to reading the next book since the ending here seemed almost final. But there is more in fact! The Perilous Prophecy of Guard and Goddess is next in the series and I am anxious to see where Percy and her friends go next! Especially with all the surprises that happened at the end, I really can't wait!

Overall rating 4.5/5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Great review hon! I LOVE this series! =)

    btw, the new one is actually a prequel hehe

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!