Jun 1, 2011

Review--The Deadliest Bite by Jennifer Rardin

I have two choices. Carve Brude's name into Hell's bile-encrusted gates. Or lose my soul.

After an assassination attempt on Vayl, I find myself pulled into a tangled web that takes the gang to Romania. So how will I save a ghost, rescue a demon, and cheat the Great Taker out of a soul he's slavering for while defeating my nastiest foe yet so that Vayl can, at last, cherish a few precious years with his sons? With careful planning, major violence, and one (hopefully) final trip to Hell. 

I received this e-galley courtesy of NetGalley for review.

Jennifer Rardin's final book in her Jaz Parks series, The Deadliest Bite has Jaz and Vayl along with their friends/team dealing with some heavy stuff.

There is quite a bit going on this book, but it's not at all confusing. It did take me a little time to get caught back up with the characters and this world, but only because it's been too long since I was last there. But I caught on quickly and Jaz was already in the thick of things finishing up the attempted assassination attempt and moving on to figure out a way to carve Brude out of her life, out of her head, and out of existence.

Along the way, Jaz is also determined to do other things, such as helping her friends out and needing to take down her deceased boss's killer.

Poor Jaz. All she wanted was a little break and downtime with Vayl and then the chaos happens, of course that's where the fun lies! Jaz will always be one of my favorite heroines. She definitely has attitude! She's so snarky and thinks or says something I would likely think/say in similar situations when the sh*t's about to hit the fan.

We get to see more of her relationship with Vayl and how it's really becoming more concrete. There are a few romantic moments, and not all involve sex. Vayl is so endearing to Jaz and it sooo makes me jealous. But I guess it's because he's a vampire and has had years to become a good man. Perhaps that is why women are always attracted to vampires... ;)

Anyway, I don't want to hash out a lot of details here, but the book does close nicely on the series, we know without being told what will happen to characters and whatnot, basically seeing where their future lies by mere speculation, but still knowing that is what will come to be. I liked the book just as much as I have the other ones. 

Like I said, it took me awhile to get back into the groove of things and trying to remember certain events and what had happened a few books ago, not just in the last one. But it wasn't too strenuous and overall I give this one 4/5 stars. A tremendous ending to a tremendous series!

The Deadliest Bite releases June 2, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Great review Jessica!

    It took me a while to get back into the thick of things as well, but I really enjoyed it!

    so sad its over =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I can't wait to read it!!!

    Francesca @ Under The Covers

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!