Jun 11, 2011

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week's topic is: BOOKS FOR AN UF 1ST TIMER

*in no particular order

OOh this is a good one since for the past year or two I've been buying my friend books since she's getting into UF!!

The Shifters series by Rachel Vincent
An awesome series in UF that gives sight onto a lesser known supernatural character. Letting the newbie know that UF isn't just vampires and werewolves. (And to let them know that there is NO sparkles either!) ;)

Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong
A series that shows some of the classic UF characters and some lesser known, which become totally known after this series!

The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
A classic vampire huntress meets vampire and trying to kill the bad guys! One of the best UF series ever! Bones makes it even greater!

Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
OMG! How could you not read this one! One of the best YA UF series there is! This is a good YA UF for the first timer as well, to show them that YA books can be mega cool as well!!

Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill
Another great vampire series that lets you in on the whole snark! You gotta know that in UF books, you have to expect snark! Merit is a totally snarky character and one of great character development as well!

And because I cannot resist, a special mention:

13 to Life series by Shannon Delany
A tremendous YA series that has werewolves as the star! Totally amazing series with wicked awesome plot line and characters and the most gorgeous covers ever!!

And really, was anyone even the littlest bit surprised by the special mention?
Also must give kudos to myself for only doing 6! There were wayyy too many others I wanted to do. Top 10 might have been easier! And that's 10 YA and 10 Adult! ;)

8 comments:

  1. Well I see we had the same taste in some of our Books,,I also did Jeaniene Frost and Richele Mead,,I had a hard time I dont know what really is considered UF or PR,,anyway,,,thanks for sharing
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive seen a few similiar ones on sites :) Again Ive read all the books :) Old Follower
    http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-5-sunday-5-books-for-urban-fantasy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good list, Jessica! I haven't read the last one though, but would be hard pressed to choose only 5 books. There is Karen Marie Moning, Jennifer Estep and Ilona Andrews of course.
    Kelley Armstrong and Rachel Vincent have the best stories about shifters.
    But there is also Diana Rowland, Faith Hunter, Adrian Phoenix and Dakota Banks... I don't think I can make that list :)
    And I definitely would have done a separate list of YA's too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! Urban Fantasy is a great genre to choose from. :)

    Love the Vampire Academy and Woman of the Otherworld Series!

    Here are mine: http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I really want to read the Chicagoland vampires. They sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks!! I would include all of these on my list as well (but that'd put me to 10 or more books :) ) What's a top 5 UF list without 13 to Life?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Jess, your so sweet! I think it's a series you'll like. But while your taking my advice- read the Iron Druid Chronicles! OMG! You HAVE to! HAVE to!

    I have an ARC of Blood Magic and I think I'll read it next :)
    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blood Magic looks so good! And the cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!