Jul 16, 2011

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week's topic is: FAVORITE UNDERRATED AUTHORS

*in no particular order

*This one is doubly hard because I don't know who to consider an "underrated" author! To me, if I like them then they're super GREAT! And about 99% of the time my friends and family have no idea who I'm talking about anyway. But still, I shall try!





What first led me to read Kasey's books was knowing that she was a local author. But I soon became addicted to her debut and then its sequel! What could be cooler than Furies?!


I know Amanda has other series, but I've only read this one! Really only this book too, I plan on getting the others soon. First I need to whittle down Mount TBR! ;) True this one might seem a little Vampire Diaries-esque with the love triangle between the bros, but it was still pretty enjoyable!


Marianne was one of my fave YA authors when my reading hit its peak! Sadly she only has 4 books to date. Old Magic, plus a trilogy. They followed themes of magic and time travel. So they were pretty awesome! I'm not even sure if she's still writing since there's been quite a few years of nothing. Although her books were reprinted not too long ago.


Ivy Devlin (Low Red Moon)
I read Low Red Moon ages ago as an ARC and I really liked it. I do remember it getting mixed reviews, but I still thought it was a great read! And if you saw my earlier post, there's finally info on the sequel!! YAY!


Jordan Deen (The Crescent)
This was another series that I started not too long ago. It was rather interesting too. There's a lot of mystery and intrigue building up. It's hard to know who to trust! Was even able to read the sequel early which was fabulous. The third and final in the trilogy releases sometime later this year.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica! I'm wondering why you didn't post a pic of Ivy Devlin (Elizabeth Scott). You did know that Ivy Devlin is a pseudonym for Elizabeth Scott, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!