Aug 11, 2011

Random Thursday

Does anyone remember the old rumor about the last Harry Potter book? I forgot when it came about or where I read. I think it was in a Time for Kids magazine back in 6th or 7th grade, possibly 7th.

The rumor was that the last word of the last sentence of the last chapter (pretty sure it was that elaborate too!) would be "scar".

Well, it wasn't.

I remembered that rumor in 7th grade and kept it in my quiver of knowledge for when the last book came out and of course since it was years later it wasn't true. Just found it odd.

Anyone else remember reading that rumor and looking for it come time for the last book?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I do remember that! How funny. I wonder if it ended up being something else because she changed it or because it was never true to begin with.

    I remember when the "Harry Dies" rumor broke out before the release of the seventh book. The alleged source was the voice actor for the audio books. This one was funny to me, because after all SPOILER ALERT--it was true. Sure, it was a comic book style temporary death, but it counted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were so many rumors surrounding the last book it was hard to keep track! I'm pretty sure none of them were true either. Ah, the good old days ;)

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!