Sep 3, 2011

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week's topic is: Covers I Like to Have on My Walls

Okay if this one shocks anyone, then all I can say is you must be new! So this tidbit is for you: I fell in love with this cover before I even knew what the book was about! And the series has now become one of my immediate faves!

This one just screams Urban Fantasy! I love it!! Dark colors, kick ass heroine in black leather! She just looks totally badass! Plus it was an awesome read as well!


This was actually the first cover for Magic Study in its hardcover release. I loved it! I actually came across this before I even knew about Poison Study, so after a little digging I learned that it was book 2. But still, despite being mostly a UF girl, this called to my fantasy child that I harbor. My love of the paranormal can be traced back to my love of fairy tales.


I know a lot of people weren't too thrilled with the new cover for Nightshade's paperback version, but I actually liked it! True I have the old cover still--in ARC form, but I really do love this cover. I thought the wolf image overlaying Calla's face was just awesome since she was both girl and the wolf.


This is probably my fave cover from the Night Huntress series! Love how kickass Cat looks. The first one is probably my second fave as well, but I like her boots in this one!

Other Faves:

Basically I've enjoyed all the setbacks from the Night Huntress series! That's where we get to see Bones!!


So you can say that I am slightly obsessed with the covers from 13 to Life! I've loved every one basically! I just think they are wicked awesome! Love werewolves and forest scenes are my fave for some reason--likely back to my fantasy obsession as well!

3 comments:

  1. Love those covers! I have to agree with Nightshade - I like the new ones with the girl and the wolf, it's very appealing.

    Have a great rest of the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these covers! I also mentioned Nightshade!

    Here is mine - http://ashley--suzanne.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-5-sundays-covers-id-like-to-have-on.html

    I am also a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is potentially the greatest Top 5 topic ever! Love your choices!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!