Jun 20, 2013

Mini Review--Double the Bite by Chris Marie Green (From the anthology: First Blood)

Set in the Vampire Babylon world, Chris Marie Green's story puts the bond between twin female vampires to the test when one of them falls for her prey.















So I haven't read Chris Marie Green's Vampire Babylon series since it ended in 2010, meaning I haven't been in this world for a very long time. Add to that, this novella takes place during the first trilogy of the series which was in 2007 and 2008, so yeah, long time all around!

Double the Bite though isn't a story about Dawn, it's a story about two vampire twins, but mostly follows Ginny. They were Sorin's vampires, but they left him to pursue their own lives. Geneva, the other sister, is kind of dependent on Ginny for a lot of things. They do everything together it seems. Then one night at a club they encounter a man named Ben who is looking into the murder of his brother.

Ginny takes a liking to Ben, but he's leary of her and vampires in general since he believes it was a vampire who killed his brother. He wants vengeance. Ginny agrees to help him out, merely so he doesn't get himself killed. But there's something to this human that she can't shake off.

This novella was a nice quick read. I didn't read the others this time, maybe at another point I'll get to them, but Chris is the only author among these that I know and I read. I enjoyed getting back into the Vampire Babylon world. And that this takes place during the first trilogy was good to know. I can't remember if Ginny and Geneva popped up in one of the original novels or not, I take it they did for that's how they got their novella.

The romance in this one is good. It wasn't really insta love, but since it's a novella, the love did come along fairly quick. But at least it wasn't the whole love at first sight dealio. The mystery behind Ben's brother death was good. I kind of saw it coming, but as with any mystery it's still fun to be right!

The ending was nice as well! I liked how it tied itself back into Dawn's story. It gave me happy feelings!


Overall Rating 4.5/5 stars


 

1 comment:

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!