Aug 13, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
 
Setting up my posts early and since I MIA I have no idea what I am reading at this moment! So I am sharing a tease that I tweeted last Friday, and therefore I also don't know of its location. Sorry!
 
But hey! I followed the rules! Even just did one line!


"Holy Arum everywhere, there were two of them!"

















TITLE: Obsession
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout

PUBLISHER: Entangled Publishing, LLC
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: May 31, 2013




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Books With a School Setting


*in no particular order


1. HARRY POTTER SERIES
by J.K. Rowling

 Naturally this was the first one to come to mind!



2. VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES
by Richelle Mead

Another great one! And it's at school quite a bit! Or at least in theory it is!



3. LUX SERIES
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Well...they went to school sometimes! Still absolutely LOVE what Katy did with the spaghetti! You go girl!!



4. THE SHADOW READER
by Sandy Williams

Bet you didn't expect an adult novel! Of course McKenzie is only at college for a teeny tiny bit before she is pulled out by her faery lover in order to escape a kidnapping attempt on herself!



5. THE WATCHERS SERIES
by Veronica Wolff

The school where young girls go to be assassins...sort of! They train to be protectors of vampires and whatnot and it does occasionally include killing someone...like their fellow students!



6. HEX HALL SERIES
by Rachel Hawkins

A very funny and entertaining trilogy! Sophie goes to Hex Hall where it's basically a school for learning witchcraft...or the fine tuning of one's magical abilities and whatnot!



7. SOUL SCREAMERS SERIES
by Rachel Vincent

Another series where our characters go to school quite a bit. Although it seems Kaylee's school is a hotbed for attracting demons!



8. FIRE STUDY
by MARIA V. SNYDER

Another surprise--this adult novel has Yelena in a school of sorts! She basically goes to her own version of magic school in order to learn to train in her new abilities.



9. DARKLIGHT SERIES
by Darynda Jones

Darynda's YA series--which I am behind on! Need to read book 2 and book 3 comes out in 2 months! Anyways, more high school students going to school and sometimes learning stuff before getting into mischief!



10. FINISHING SCHOOL SERIES
by Gail Carriger

Easy-peasy! The YA series by Gail Carriger set in the Parsol Protectorate world but taking place 25 years earlier! We see some familiar faces here and there and it was definitely an intriguing start to its own series!




7 comments:

  1. Yay! I also included Harry Potter on my TTT!! I was also going to add Hex Hall but put Game of Thrones instead! Nice picks, Jes!

    Old follower! :)

    Here's my first TTT.

    Kate @ The Bookaholic Blurbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Great tease. You're better at following the rules than I am. I almost always do a an entire paragraph. Love your TTT list too. SoulScreamers is sitting on my shelf but I'm having a hard time getting to it. :D

    I have teasers at both Musings on Fantasia and LKHill today. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that the only book on your list that I've read is Harry Potter! VA is on my TBR list, which is impossibly massive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I liked your teaser :)

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek, can't wait to read Obsession!! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two of what? Who is Arum? Why is s/he being invoked? Is s/he usually in one place? Gah, this is going to annoy me now. I think I need to get in on this Teaser Tuesday bizzo so I can be equally mysterious :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!