Jun 7, 2014

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa and Friends' Bookish Life

 Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it. 

Rules: 
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week. 
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it. 
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow) 
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post. 
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)



This week's topic is: FAVORITE WORDS!



*in no particular order


Oooh this should be interesting!


AWKWARD

I don't know why this is a favorite word! Perhaps I just like the spelling! W's and a K...! It's just fun to spell! Plus you can say it like awk-warrrrrrrrd!

Awkward: clumsy; bungling; hard to handle; unwieldy; uncomfortable; embarrassed or embarrassing



UNIQUE

This has been a favorite word of mine for a looooong time! People would say I'm weird, because I liked reading paranormal books (you know before they decided to read them too some years later!) and I would come back saying, no I'm unique! Of course these days I would've said so what! ;)

Unique: one and only; sole; without like or equal; very unusual; a usage still objected to by some



BIBLIOPHILE

What's not to love about this word?! It bespeaks the truth about booklovers everywhere! Plus I don't think many non-book people get how freaking awesome it is!

Bibliophile: a person who loves or collects books; me ;)



FAERIE

I really like the spelling of this one! True, there's fairy which pretty much means the same thing, unless we are referring to the world/lad of faerie. But I like that "e" that stands out after the "a"! Guess I really am just wei- unique!

Faerie: fairyland; a fairy


LYCANTHROPE

Yup, another paranormal word! It's odd, I don't really have "favorite" words so I was just thinking of words I liked or liked to say and naturally this one came to mind after faerie. I like the term lycanthrope a bit better than werewolf, because it just has a cooler tone to it! It's more fun to say too!

and since my Webster's new dictionary did NOT have it (gasp!) I looked it up on Dictionary.com; Lycanthrope: a person affected with lycanthropy; a werewolf or alien spirit in the physical form of a bloodthirsty wolf





2 comments:

  1. My favorite words right now are epic and traumatizing. I guess the ironic thing about traumatizing is that when I use I am actually not traumatized I'm just saying that to be dramatic. I like using epic instead of cool, because cool just seems so boring now to me. Whenever I say epic I'm always excited, outgoing, or confident, so like EPIC. When I use cool, I usually use like okay, cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome picks!!! love those words too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!