Jun 16, 2016

Random Thursday

Time to return to Screen Rant with 13 Things You Didn't Know About Disney! Written by Jake Black! This was a rather fun article to read! And as promised here is the link! I highly recommend reading it because there's lots more detail to the factoids that I am sharing! I just didn't want to write a lengthy post. And basically quote from the article verbatim.

Once again, I'm also borrowing the pictures from said article to give you the best idea of whatever the factoid is saying! :)

Here's the link!

 

6. Disney was once sued by a biologist
Apparently the way the hyenas were portrayed in The Lion King was a gross misrepresentation!


5. Disney has never won a Best Picture Oscar, but... 
they've gotten awful close with having movies make it into the category!


4. Snow White was a huge gamble
This film cost a lot to make back in its day and it was a gamble because people weren't sure what to make of this feature length animated film!


image borrowed from Wikipedia
3. Fantasia almost drove Disney out of business
Apparently the film didn't do as well as Disney had hoped. And the cost of the movie and the low sales basically drove Disney to declare bankruptcy! Shocking!! It wasn't until the 60s that an audience became happy with the film! 


2. Mickey Mouse has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame!


1. Athletes get paid to say "I'm going to Disney World!"
It probably wasn't until my adult years that I realized that that was true! Lol! And sob, just sob! This first started getting said in Super Bowl XXI with New York Giants' Phil Simms. He was paid $75,000 for saying those words!! Since then athletes that say this will get a FREE trip to Disney World or Land on a private jet with their family and get a private suite! Though it's said they have to participate in some events like parades and such. But that's really no hardship when you think about it!! LOL!




4 comments:

  1. They get a free trip just for saying it. No fair!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know any of these. Eek about Fantasia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yeah, I'd definitely let them pay me to say that, go to Disney, have a suite with my family and friends. The parade would be a bonus :D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the fact that a biologist tried to sue over the representation of an animal in a movie where ANIMALS TALK is hilarious! Obvious fiction is obvious. -_-

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!