Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"I blinked and his hand slid down from my cheek, gliding over to the corner of my mouth. His touch stirred my despair, coaxing my emotions from drowsy flames into a blaze so powerful I was overwhelmed by it. His gaze, before full of sympathy, was now fired by something else, something smoldering." p 334*
*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.
AUTHOR: Colleen Houck
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: August 2, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Ten Facts About Me
*in no particular order
1. I LOVE DISNEY!!--in case you didn't already know! And ironically, this is exactly where I'm at today!! :D
2. I'M A HUGE SCOOBY DOO FAN!--when I was a kid, my grandpa who also enjoyed watching cartoons liked watching a lot of Hanna Barbera ones as well as Looney Tunes, you know the classics! Scooby, quickly became my favorite! And I still love him and watching it whenever its on Boomerang!
3. I STILL LOVE CARTOONS--I think this goes back to watching them with my grandpa! I always remember him having them on in his room while he napped or read the paper. They were on like 90% of the time! Occasionally it was something else, but it was usually cartoons if they were on somewhere! I think that rubbed off on me because I usually have cartoons on while blogging! I'm not actively watching them, but they're on!
4. BOOKISH OCD--as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my books (and other things!)! For instance, they're arranged alphabetically by author, series are in order and what not. Also, an unread book won't be "shelved" until I read it. So yeah, I have piles of them around!
5. OLD SCHOOL--I'm a bit old school at times. Guess I'm getting old! LOL! But for instance, I still like buying actual CDs and DVDs. Not big on the digital ones, because I just like being able to have a copy I can hold! Guess because I always fear SOMETHING will happen and that digital edition will just be gone one day!
6. CRAZY--okay, not exactly crazy, but I can be pretty goofy at times! And get a little crazy! Like when meeting authors! LOL! Of course, when I get to the actual meeting the author, I'm starstruck! LOL! But if anything, you could call me eccentric! ;)
7. MULTIPLE COPIES--I never thought I would be one to buy multiple copies of books, but turns out, I've become that person! LOL! This isn't even my recent picture of all my Maria V. Snyder books! This was the first one I found in my archives, so I went with it! LOL! But I also will buy other doubles when there's a cover change and I happen to like it!
8. 90s GIRL--I grew up during the 90s so I pretty much love all the 90s cartoons! I strive to stay up late on weekends--sad huh, lol!--just to watch 90s Nick shows! Can't always make it for long, but I get a good hour or two in most times!
9. I WENT TO ROME!--it's been over 10 years--God I feel old!--when I went to Greece and Italy and to this day it still remains my top favorite vacation! Disney gets its own category because its so special! And so do author trips! LOL! But yeah, it was a great trip and I sooo want to go back! I don't know if my coin in the Trevi Fountain is working. Was there a time limit on those? LOL!
10. DEVIOUS PLANNING--this one's top secret...;) I am joining with Brain here and plan, not to take over the world, but to take over the Disney Vault!! Together we will give the world their Disney movies for all times!! HAHAHAHAHA!!
Told you I was crazy! ;) LOL!
Which BTW, if you didn't already know, I have a serious hate for that vault.