2017 New Release ChallengeHosted by Lexxie @ Un-Conventional Book Views & Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My!
The rules for the 2017 New Release Challenge are simple:
- Books have to be released and reviewed in 2017.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2017 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the other rules.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2017, and sign-ups are open until February 15th 2017.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, you can link to your review on Goodreads or Booklikes instead – so don’t be shy!
There are five levels in the New Release Challenge:
- 1-30 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 31-60 books per year – New Release Pro
- 61-100 books per year – New Release Veteran
- 101-200 books per year – New Release Enthusiast
- 200+ books per year – New Release Obsessed
Since I average about 100 books a year, I figured I'd take it a little easier this time around as I am always up for trying to tackle my TBR pile too!
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2017 until December 31, 2017.
- Anyone can enter. You don’t have to have a blog just as long as you review your books somewhere: on your blog if you have one, Amazon, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.
- Any genre, length, or format is acceptable as long as it is the last book in a series where all books in the series have been published and no more books are currently intended to be published in the series. If an author makes a decision somewhere during the year to add on to the series, we will count both the original last book in the series and the “new last” book in the series assuming the author isn’t going to write more than one additional book. Last book published in a series doesn’t count if more books are expected to be published.
- You can list your series enders ahead of time or do a singular wrap up post. If you decide to list them up front, feel free to change them throughout the year as necessary.
- When you sign up in the linky, please use the direct link to your post about joining the 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge. If you don’t have a blog, please post about it on Facebook or Twitter and include that direct link as your sign up.
- You can sign up until December 15, 2017. This allows you to join the challenge at any time during the year.
- On the 25th of every month, we will post a wrap up on both Somewhere Only We Know and Words Fueled by Love with a giveaway and a place for you to link up your reviews for the month. The monthly giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up (ex. From January 25th 2017, to February 25th 2017). For each link to a review, you will get an (1) entry into a drawing for that giveaway. This will be open internationally.
- Monthly giveaway prizes will be an e-gift card of your choice up to $5 (USD) from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
- If you miss a wrap-up post and giveaway, you can link your review the next month. Please do not try to link to one review twice. We will be verifying these.
- December will be the wrap up for the entire year. All reviews linked from January through December will be entered into a Grand Prize giveaway. Also due to Christmas, the December wrap up will post on December 23rd and will be open until January 23rd.
- You don’t have to follow Somewhere Only We Know or Words Fueled by Love to participate in the challenge, but you do have to follow both of us in order to be entered in the giveaways.
Level 1: 1 – 5
Level 2: 5 – 10
Level 3: 10 – 15
Level 4: 15+
If you have any questions, please contact us at: Sandy's Email or Holly's Email or comment on one of the Series Enders blog posts on either or both of our websites.
To join the challenge:
- Write a blog post about joining the 2017 Series Enders Reading Challenge on your blog. For those of you who would like to participate but don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Twitter.
- In your post, please include: the button, a link back to the sign up page, a link to both Somewhere Only We Know and Words Fueled by Love, the level you hope to achieve, and (optional) a list of the series you hope to complete.
- Place the button for the challenge in your sidebar (use the “grab this code” at the bottom of the post here).
- Link up in the linky using the direct link to your post/tweet/etc.
Another easy attempt! I feel overwhelmed if I make myself go higher to begin with! LOL! Plus I will be trying to find a new job next year, so my reading time might change drastically--both a good and terrible, terrible thing! LOL!
And once Goodreads has their challenge signup up I'll be going for 100 books again!