Dec 27, 2016

ARC Review--Blue Blooded by Amanda Carlson

Jessica McClain is on the hunt for her destiny. She arrives in Baltimore to find that her quest has reached a dead end and only a note remains. Forced to do as it says, or die, Jessica and her crew must head overseas.

They arrive to discover Julian de Rossi, the Mediterranean Pack Alpha, is double dealing with a powerful goddess and Tally is still missing. With help from a divine source, they engage in an all out war—one that must end in a sacrifice. But is Jessica ready to pay the ultimate price?








I received this book from the author in exchange for a voluntary and honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.


It feels like it's been years since I last visited Jessica McClain and her crew. But after a quick check, it was only a year, possibly closer to two if I read the last one as an ARC as well too. Regardless we are back in action with Amanda Carlson's Blue Blooded which pretty much picks up where we left off, from what I gathered. Poor memory here after some odd hundred books between this one and the last! Lol!

Jessica and her pack and Rourke are on a mission to help Kayla find her brother Jax. They believe that Enin has kidnapped him in some mad attempt at revenge for what Jessica did to her sisters. They are forced to play a mad game of chase with her in Florence as if they don't comply, Jessica's friends, Naomi and Danny, who were also taken, will be killed. With so many lives hanging over their heads, Jessica and Co. are forced to comply.

Waiting to greet them in Florence is Julian the leader of the Mediterranean pack. But something is definitely odd with the pack leader. Add to that, you have the ever growing Coalition forming and Jessica's role in it. There are still a few members who have yet to be revealed, but needless to say things are very busy and dire for the group.

The gang is going to need some serious help and they oddly find it in Florence with a man named Leonardo--no, not that one!--who is more than he appears to be. Granted we pretty much know everyone involved in this story is a supernatural peep in some way. Leo's presence was kind of heartwarming in a teeny, tiny way. I was positively giddy while reading this one as I visited Florence over ten years ago--which eek, feeling my age now! I didn't get in a lot of sightseeing back then, but we did do the major things which was a delight to see again in this book!

I think my poor memory of the last book made it harder to enjoy this one. But for the most part, I was enjoying this story for the here and now. But sometimes it's hard to let go of that forgetfulness. But I did what I could. It was still a story filled with excitement, shocks and surprises and narrow escapes from death! And of course there were a few stolen moments of romance between Jessica and Rourke which truly makes those moments even more steamy because of all the danger that they currently face.

The ending to this one had quite a few shockers! And it left me totally uncertain of the future of this series. Is there to be more? Hard to say at this point. I felt like there's a lot of room left for growth because as we knew what path Jessica and Rourke were on, the fate of all her friends was nearly uncertain on all accounts. Plus Amanda does note that there is still more to come from the Blooded world. So that left me thinking maybe Jessica and Rourke's story is done, but everyone else is still up for challenges! And while we know what path Jessica and Rourke on, I feel like it doesn't mean that more couldn't be in store for them either! Big changes are on the way for this group and I can only hope that there will be more to come!

The Jessica McClain series is a totally kickbutt Urban Fantasy series that I highly recommend to all fans of the genre! Plus werewolves!! I find them becoming my top favorite paranormal these days! Just don't tell the vampires, though I still love them too! LOL!


Overall Rating 4/5 stars





1 comment:

  1. I've not read anything by this author! Though I'm pretty sure I've seen this book around. I love a European setting! It's tough when you can't remember much from the previous books in the series - I like it when authors make it easy for us. :D I'm glad you enjoyed this book overall, Jessica!

    Wonderful review. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!