May 1, 2017

Dare to...Book Challenge!

So I saw this challenge awhile back on It Starts at Midnight! It was started by Dana @ Dinosaur and I thought it looked like fun, so I decide to join in! Some of the questions were similar to the TBR Book Tag I did awhile back, so some answers might be repeated!


1. What book has been on your shelves the longest?

Repeat answer, but Dead Girls are Easy by Terri Garey! Came from the early stages of the Borders closing sales.


2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you'll read next?

Currently:
Infinite Risk by Ann Aguirre

My last read was:

 Public Enemies by Ann Aguirre


What I will read next:

Dreamfall by Amy Plum


3. What book did everyone like, but you hated didn't? 

Changed hate to didn't, because while I didn't loooove it as much as everyone else, I didn't hate it either, more like meh.

A tossup between Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones. I feel like both were sooo popular, so well loved (and I read Wintersong as an ARC, so it was getting massive early love), that I had very high expectations of both of these. What I got was meh. I felt very meh about both and I feel very much the outcast on that! LOL!


4. What book do you keep telling yourself you'll read but you probably won't?

I'd like to think that won't happen! I purge through my TBR books every now and then, and occasionally pass on a few titles, but not many. 

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black is a maybe might not read? I just finished reading a not so happy review of it, so I've kind of mentally pushed it further down on the TBR list! You know, for now! 


5. Which book are you saving for retirement?

Retirement? Hahaha!!! I'll be too poor for that!


6. Last page: read it first or wait to the end?

Are we serious here? No, nope. I will never do this!


7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink or interesting aside?

I think they're interesting! I skim them on occasion, I like seeing familiar author names within the one author's circle! It just makes me happy to see the community is so thoughtful!


8. Which book character would you switch places with?

Ooh tough one! Lots of my favorite heroines had to go through hell and back (sometimes quite literally) before they got (or get close) to their happy ending! But I think I'll go with my oldie, but goodie:

Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, teen me still LOVES and ADORES this book!! The heroine is named Jessica, she's a writer, and she gets mixed up with vampires and wins the heart of the "villain"! So yeah...definitely like that idea! Plus I get to keep my name! LOL!



9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, place, or time)?

I hate to go back to the same title as before, but...

Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes was the first vampire book I ever read! Pretty sure I accidentally read this one first and not her actual first book in this world, but it's what got me hooked on vampires! I no longer wanted to read contemporary books about ordinary lives...I wanted vampires, darkness, magic and all the other good stuff of the paranormal world! When I look back, I remember my reading life really, truly starting and being an addictive hobby with this one!


10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way:

Well, it's really not that interesting, but...

The only one I could think of was Frostblood by Elly Blake. It was at BEA last year--my first and possibly last since it's back in NYC and it's more $$$ for bloggers apparently now--and I was playing a game of spin the wheel. It was a short line so I got in and after I got one book, I decided to go again, because they allowed it. I spun the wheel and legit got the book I just picked up previously, so I said it can stay and I'll just go back in line, the girl running it asked what I wanted instead (since literally the same thing just happened my first time) and I chose Frostblood instead!


11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

The first one I thought of doesn't quite fit, but I'm going with it anyway! I was at RT 2013 in good ol Kansas City, MO and I was at the teen party where I got a nice bag of books and whatnot! One of my books was Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, now as I just explained previously, I left contemporary books behind a long time ago. I just gotten this one signed by Stephanie and was planning a giveaway on my blog when another teen asked me if I happened to have gotten said Anna and the French Kiss in my bag (I didn't see her around while I was getting mine signed, so I know she was truly just asking). I told her I did, and then she asked if I wanted to trade it for one of her books, I said sure and asked her what she got. She didn't really have anything I didn't already have or wanted, so I just told her to take it. She looked unsure, like she was totally surprised, and I told her I really meant it because I was just planning on giving it away on my blog! So this works too! She was sooo happy and I was glad to have made her day! She even went up to Stephanie to get the book personalized! I was happy to have made her happy, so it all worked out!


12. Which book has been with you to the most places?

Hmm...I guess it could be almost any? I read my books at school, the cafeteria at school, outside at school--so school, lol!--my various work places, and then if I was lucky to wherever the signing was when or if I got to meet that author! So generally like 2 places and that's nearly every book! It's just that the two--or three if I was working and going to school--places varied based on where I read it and where I got it signed! 


13. Any "required reading" that you hated in high school that wasn't so bad two years later?

Uh...no? LOL! I pretty much hated every book I was forced to read! The one and only exception was, as some of you may already know:

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas! I was already deep into my paranormal love! Being forced to read any book that didn't have a hint of "weird" to it always dragged me down. But for some reason I really, really enjoyed this one! I want to say it had to do with his revenge! I loved that he got revenge on everyone in a way that was far worse than death! I'm a bit twisted in that matter I guess! LOL! But come on! I feel like we could say this might have even inspired The Punisher too! :D


14. Used or brand new?

For the most part, new! But if I am looking for different editions of my favorite reads that I try to collect like the devoted booknerd bibliophile that I am, I will go for used. Praying that the online booksellers aren't exaggerating by "some ware on the spine and cover" kind of thing!


15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?

On my own? Nope.

For school? Yes, and yes, I did actually read it too! LOL!

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown


16. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book?

Hell. No.

But did I still like the movie? Yes.


17. Have you ever read a book that's made you hungry, cookbooks excluded?

Oh I am sure there was! I can't think of any off the top of my head. Likely any time the characters are eating pizza, or pasta, or bread, and cookies (dough included!)! LOL!


18. Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?

That's a steep list! But likely Amber from Du Livre and Tracy from Cornerfolds for sure!!

 
19. Tag (at least 4) friends:

yeah...if you're reading this post and want to join in, consider yourself tagged! Since I wasn't "tagged" myself, not feeling obligated to actually tag, feels like cheating! LOL!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!