Jul 21, 2017

The Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag!

So I saw this awesome tag/survey at We Live Breathe Books that's basically a midyear recap of best books and whatnot! I decided I wanted to give it a go! So why not include this as a post for my discussion challenge too!



The Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag


Best Books You've Read So Far


Going to reign it in and limit myself to two books! Really wanting to add like another two at the moment too! LOL!

Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout--my most recent finished read! It was exactly what I love about thrillers and JLA books! A perfect combo!
Torn by Alyssa Rose Ivy--was sooo excited for Hailey's book! Been waiting on hers for awhile now! Really liked how it started, now anxious for the next installment!


Best Sequel You've Read So Far

Oooh, another toughie! Read quite a few sequels this year!

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas--this one did not disappoint! Now I really really need to get myself to read the third book! Possibly soon, because I'm tired of waiting for a "weekend off"! That's never gonna happen! LOL!


New Release You Haven't Read Yet, but Really Want To

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas--as I just said above...soooo want to read this one! Gotta just make it happen!


Most Anticipated Releases for the Second Half of 2017

Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco--I ADORE Stalking Jack the Ripper last year and the fact that the next adventure involves Dracula just makes me even more eager to read it!
There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins--this one sounds good! A nice creepy read!! Love creepy reads!! Curious to see how Stephanie does thrillers, not being a contemp reader, I never read her first series.


Biggest Disappointment

The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight--this one had a nice premise, except there was just SO much detail to the science part of it all! And I am not a science student! It was my worst subject in all its formats! So yeah, I didn't mesh well with this one!


Biggest Surprise

Roar by Cora Carmack--I had had some hesitancy with this one at first. Not sure why. And I'll admit when I started it, it was a rough start. But then after a few more chapters, it started to pick up and really had me hooked! cannot wait to see where this series goes!


Favorite New Authors (Debut or New to You)

Meagan Spooner--so I haven't read the series she cowrites with Amy Kaufman, so Hunted, was my first time reading one of her books! I must say I quite enjoyed this one! I love a good fairy tale retelling just about any day of the week! Lol. This one was a nice twist and I can't wait to see what other tales Meagan might rewrite!


Newest Fictional Crush

Wyatt from Alyssa Rose Ivy's Torn--love how devoted Wyatt was to Hailey even when Hailey wasn't sure what she wanted just yet. I like his persistence, yet it's not at all like he's being pushy. It was endearing!
Cole from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Till Death--is it any surprise that a JLA guy is a book boyfriend? Cole was also a very patient sort and I adored that! Despite Sasha's fears and troubled past, he still loves her and is willing to play any role in her life.


Newest Favorite Character

Roar by Cora Carmack--going back to Roar for this one! Roar was probably one of my favorite newest characters as most reads were series I was finishing up and whatnot! Roar had a kind of strength to her that I admired! She was determined to do what she must and I admired that too!


Books That Made You Cry

Ally by Anna Banks--though not out yet, there was what you could call a little no-nothing event (plotwise) that happened that had me getting teary-eyed! The end even made it better, so happy tears!


Books That Made You Happy

A Ghoul's Guide to Love and Murder by Victoria Laurie--okay, this is like a bittersweet one too! It was a series finale and I was so happy to see where the characters ended up, but I was still soo sad that it was all over.
Lost Boy by Christina Henry--oddly, I really liked this one! That it gave me happy feels even! Lol! I love a good villain origin story! Especially where you're led to believe that our standard villain isn't quite as villainous as we initially thought!


Favorite Book to Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year

I haven't actually seen too many movies this year...and the only one slightly bookish that I can think of was...
 
The Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve--so even though the movie was more of a remake of the animated movie, the animated movie was a movie adaptation of this one! And I must say, I am sooo glad Disney changed the ending! Never thought I would say that about a movie adaptation of a book ever!


Favorite Reviews You Have Written

Hard to say, I don't really have favorite reviews...but for choosing's sake...

As Old as Time by Liz Braswell--being a big fan of fairy tales and Disney and retellings I was ecstatic when the third and final Twisted Tales novel was more to my liking! I truly enjoyed Liz's Snow that she wrote years ago, so when it came to these Twisted Tales, I guess I sort of had higher expectations since they were Disney related. This one was finally the kind of read I was waiting for from the series. Just wish she could've done more like this one!


Most Beautiful Book You Have Bought or Received This Year

Caraval by Stephanie Garber--The Russian Edition! It took a lot of effort to track this one down and then a lot of patience and worrying for it to arrive! But I truly love this edition! The colors are so pretty! And I really enjoyed the story so I was more than happy to track down a copy of it!


Books You Need to Read by the End of the Year

Oh...I don't know if I have that kind of list to be honest! There are always so many books I want to read asap, I can't honestly say what ones I need to read before the end of the year. Well this one does come to mind:

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas


If you're at all interested in doing this post, consider yourself tagged!






5 comments:

  1. WOW some nice picks. I did a tag for this one. It's a fun one. I have ROAR on my TBR. I've heard such great things about it. Thank's for sharing your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks. I did this tag recently too. I've seen a lot of Sarah J. Maas and Hunted on these lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this Tag, as I also recently took part in this one, Jessica:). I MUST get around to reading Sarah J. Maas. I also loved Hunted and am intrigued about Roar. I didn't find The Outliers the disappointment that you did, but then it would be a boring old world if we all liked the same things, wouldn't it? Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun tag! I really enjoyed Lost Boy as well. I would say that one made me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved Roar as well. Glad to see that you were a fan!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!