Aug 20, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


I had another pretty great week! Got mostly keeper copies of ARCs and whatnot! Lol! But I also got the last of the Australian copies of Maria V. Snyder's books! Although 1 didn't ship, I'm taking it to be that it's out of print because I know it's older, yet they had it on their site and I thought why not?! They say they'll ship it when it arrives, but I actually wonder if it will ever arrive! But I got the rest and they're here in plenty of time for next Saturday's signing!


So here's what I bought:

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snuder--Australian Edition
Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder--Australian Edition
Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder--Australian Edition
Dawn Study by Maria V. Snyder--Australian Fan Edition

Ferocious by Paula Stokes--Keeper copy!
Twice Dead by Kalayna Price--Keeper copy! Apparently I never did pick one of these up! Since I had a coupon to B&N last weekend I put it to good use!
Sealed with a Curse by Jenna Black--since this is one of the few titles to be disappearing before the end of the month, I quickly snatched it up for my kindle!
Prince of Air and Darkness by Jenna Black--another of her titles to disappear very soon and I thought it sounded kinda interesting so again, I clicked that auto-buy stat! 
The Maiden Thief by Melissa Marr--in my height of buying ebooks, I decided to buy this one as well! It's a short little read and was only .99!


For review from the publisher I received this finished copy of:

Ashes Reborn by Keri Arthur
 
 
THANK YOU Berkley Books!



I've been seeing a lot of the neat little book bag/covers, whatever you want to call them! I wanted to get one from Book Beau because I had seen a lot of those around. Sadly, they've been out of stock for awhile now, what with the new website still in the works. I check it near daily I tell you! Lol! But I did look to other Etsy shops selling the same kind of product. And since I just wanted to get one to try out as I was noticing my corners being bent in my Vera Bradley bag I take to work everyday and thought one of these covers would do wonders for my books! (Luckily the ones that were getting bent corners were just review books that I was likely to replace with finished copies anyway!)

So I went to the Etsy shop StoryTimeSleeve and picked this one up:


Out of the ones available at the time I thought the peacock feathers were pretty cool! I've used it for a day really by the time it arrived during the week. And since that book was already bent at the corners it was hard to tell how well it worked. So I'll be testing it out better this week! Now I do need to get another one eventually for the times when I know I will be finishing the first book with me at lunch. I also want to get one that can fit my smaller mass market paperbacks. So basically I am in the market to do some serious book sleeve shopping!


Then this little ditty arrived on Saturday. Sadly I was spoiled by pictures on Instagram before mine arrived. So the surprise of what was inside was kinda ruined. Never fear though! If you're been lucky to avoid it, I won't ruin the surprise! I'll post a picture here on the blog in two weeks! Figured that's a safe time! Though I may post on Instagram, but I will do it in a combo pic so you can swipe if you'd like to see and not swipe if you'd rather be surprised for later on! 


I went to the annual Festival of the Little Hills on Friday night as well. While I didn't find anything that spoke to me from the booths, I did so some shopping at the local stores that make up Main Street in St. Charles, MO! It's one of my favorite little areas to shop at! There are some pretty unique stores among the crafty ones!

Anyway, I went to Jake's on Main, aka the Life is Good store and bought this Halloween shirt, though if you know me, I'll wear it any day in the fall no matter what month it is!

Isn't the cutest?! And it doesn't say Happy Halloween or anything like that, so there's nothing that makes this just a Halloween shirt! ;D


Then I went to my favorite Indie bookstore, Main Street Books, which is also where Maria will be next Saturday! While I wasn't in the market for books in particular, I did buy a shirt and necklace that were just too awesome to pass up:

 They had the Out of Print Hermione Granger Library Quote t-shirt on sale!! It was 30% off and since I was at the store, I figure, FREE shipping! It was a deal I couldn't pass up! And naturally, I had to get my House colors!

Then I bought yet another one of these awesome little bookish necklaces! I already own two, but I love them! They hang just write. The charm is the perfect size! And best yet, they have bookish quotes or sayings on them! This one says: Books fall open, you fall in. Said by David McCord!


And that my friends, was my haul this week! In the long run, I really just added 3 books to my TBR pile...but quite a bit more to my credit card bill! LOL! All the more points that get me closer to another B&N gift card! So, what did you all get?







 

15 comments:

  1. Wait! So now you need to worry about spoilers for subscription boxes on the internet? It's getting tougher and tougher to surprise a person these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! I've been meaning to read Touch of Power by Maria V. Snuder for ages now, love those covers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice haul, Jessica! I hope you'll enjoy them all. What's this about a Jenna Black title disappearing? *clicks frantically through to Goodreads*
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Aussie editions of the Snyder books look great! Hope you manage to get the last one... and yay for Ferocious! I've read the first book but not that yet.

    That Bring on the Night shirt is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the halloween shirt! You got lots of fun stuff this week. I am waiting for my subscription box, I am hoping it will come on Monday. :)

    Have a great week, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those Australian edition books are beautiful! I used to be one of those people that never understood the obsession behind buying foreign editions... but then I saw this GORGEOUS foreign edition of a Kristin Cashore and I was like MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE. :D This was quite recently and I'm actually still waiting on it. I can't wait. Eeee!

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Jessica! Have a fabulous week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm really interested in one of those book sleeves. I'd never considered buying one before, but I carry books in my backpack often, so that would probably be great! By the way, at the end of my vacation we stopped at Six Flags St. Louis and I thought of you the whole time I was there. It was fun---definitely smaller than our park, but the lines were SO much shorter and you have some great wooden coasters!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Snyder books are sooo pretty! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy your new books! I also love the new sleeve, agreed that the peacock feathers pattern is classy and cool!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try this Kalayna series. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, that's such a pretty book sleeve! I'm jealous. <3 I've been looking for a good one for a while now. Until then, I'll keep using Kinokuniya bags. :P I love Maria V Snyder's books, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry your Owlcrate got spoiled love ):

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! I have always wanted to read that Kalayna Price series but haven't been able to find any of the books at a reasonable price. I'm reading her Alex Craft series now. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always buy the most awesome stuff! I love your shirts :) You are going to have such a nice pile of books for the signing on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!