Aug 1, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


OOMG! I am loving this one!! Cat is such a fun and feisty heroine! I love her attitude towards Griffin too! Here's a tease from their very first meeting:


"His eyebrows lift. 'Go?'

'Do you need me to say it in sign language?' I make a rude hand gesture that universally conveys my meaning." p 19














TITLE: A Promise of Fire
AUTHOR: Amanda Bouchet
PUBLISHER: Sourcebooks Casablanca
GENRE: Fantasy

RELEASE DATE: August 2, 2016



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's freebie topic is: Top Ten Why Did They Have to End?! Series


*in no particular order
**and granted, at times I do realize series need to come to an end and not just string us along simply to make $$$. Or the authors are ready for something new. But there were some I didn't want to end.


10. THE DARK WORLD by Cara Lynn Shultz--can a series really end with one book? When sales are low, yes, yes they can! I am still sore over the loss of this series because it started out sooo good!
9. THE HOLLOWS SERIES by Kim Harrison--granted, I thought this one ended on a high note. But since it was one of my first "adult" reads, it holds a special place in my heart!
8. DARK SWAN SERIES by Richelle Mead--I think every reader can agree that this one just ended in the worst way possible! Granted, my memory is fuzzy on exact details, but I just remembered being upset because I felt like the resolution wasn't good enough for a series finale.


7. THE DARKEST POWERS SERIES by Kelley Armstrong--I was sad when Chloe's adventures came to an end. I was always wanting to know more about what would happen to her and her friends.
6. SHIFTERS SERIES by Rachel Vincent--another series that while it ended well, I was still sad to see it end. I'm glad the world was picked up in her new spinoff, but I still can't help but miss Faythe and Marc and her misadventures!
5. THE BODY FINDER SERIES by Kimberly Derting--been a looong time since I read this one, but I remember wanting more. All the main points were resolved in this one, but there were a few possible loose-ends I remember being left unsaid. Sigh...


4. FIRE & FLOOD DUOLOGY by Victoria Scott--I know there's quiet murmurs from Victoria that this one may not be the last one, but since we don't have anything concrete I'm including it! Felt like there was definitely more to this story despite the bits of resolution that we got.
3. THE FORBIDDEN GAME TRILOGY by L.J. Smith--was always sooo upset with this one's ending. I mean it was good, but I was tearful! And at one point I thought I heard L.J. might write a 4th book and self-publish it or something, but that was years ago and I've since lost hope!
2. NIGHT HUNTRESS SERIES by Jeaniene Frost--true, we do get to see Cat & Bones every so often in a Vlad book and possibly again in Ian's books, but I was still sad that Cat and Bones' story came to an end. Granted it was another satisfying kind of end, but it was still a series I didn't want to end any time soon!


1. WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD SERIES by Kelley Armstrong--a series that will always be a favorite of mine! And one that will always sadden me by coming to an end. Again, I understand that Kelley was ready for her next adventure, but this series is what inspired me in some part with my own writing. Plus, I was always holding out for a Cassandra book.







4 comments:

  1. I'm with you--I didn't want Night Huntress to end! Though there is something to be said for not dragging out series forever that have run their course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your top 10 list! I haven't found many series since reading these series that compare.

    A Promise of Fire sounds great!

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only made it to the end of one of these series. I hated to see the Night Huntress series end but thought she ended it very well. Still working my way through a couple of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So with you on Cat and Bones! I could read about those two forever! And yes to Fire & Blood! I need more from those characters!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!