Aug 16, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


In this hotly anticipated sequel to the haunting #1 bestseller Stalking Jack the Ripper, bizarre murders are discovered in the castle of Prince Vlad the Impaler, otherwise known as Dracula. Could it be a copycat killer...or has the depraved prince been brought back to life?

Following the grief and horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth has no choice but to flee London and its memories. Together with the arrogant yet charming Thomas Cresswell, she journeys to the dark heart of Romania, home to one of Europe's best schools of forensic medicine...and to another notorious killer, Vlad the Impaler, whose thirst for blood became legend.

But her life's dream is soon tainted by blood-soaked discoveries in the halls of the school's forbidding castle, and Audrey Rose is compelled to investigate the strangely familiar murders. What she finds brings all her terrifying fears to life once again.


SOOOOOO cannot wait to read this one! My attempts to obtain an ARC were futile, so I'm busying myself with review books until September 19th rolls around! I can't wait!! :D

PUBLISHER: Little, Brown, & Company
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: September 19, 2017 



The battle for the Crown has begun, but which of the three sisters will prevail?

With the unforgettable events of the Quickening behind them and the Ascension Year underway, all bets are off. Katharine, once the weak and feeble sister, is stronger than ever before. Arsinoe, after discovering the truth about her powers, must figure out how to make her secret talent work in her favor without anyone finding out. And Mirabella, once thought to be the strongest sister of all and the certain Queen Crowned, faces attacks like never before—ones that put those around her in danger she can’t seem to prevent.

In this enthralling sequel to Kendare Blake’s New York Times bestselling Three Dark Crowns, Fennbirn’s deadliest queens must face the one thing standing in their way of the crown: each other.


Despite majorly struggling with the first book for some unknown reason, I am willing to give this one another try! Especially since we'll be in this world longer than two books!


AUTHOR: Kendare Blake
PUBLISHER: Harper Teen
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: September 19, 2017 





23 comments:

  1. They are both on my list as well!! Amazing picks this week, Jessica :D

    Here's my WoW, and hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I didn't love the first books in these two series, but I liked them :) And the cover for HPD is amazing!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first book and was so overjoyed when I got an ARC of One Dark Throne at BookCon. I am excited to continue the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both of these but I'm mostly excited to start Hunting Prince Dracula very soon! I'm going to binge-read book one and book two. I have heard such great things about the series!

    I hope you enjoy both of these books, Jessica! Have a fantastic day. =)


    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to order Hunting Prince Dracula. Of course, seeing how I haven't read the first one, I don't know if I can justify it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer about Net Galley, hope the wait is worth it.

    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Stalking Jack the Ripper or Three Dark Crowns, so I'm not anticipating either of these right now. I do want to read both of them though! I hope you love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these books are amazing and I hope that you love them as much as I do!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read One Dark Throne. I loved the first book i nthat series. Haunting Dracula sounds cool too.

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read Stalking Jack the Ripper. I hate being behind on series! I hope you enjoy reading both of your picks, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! That Prince Dracula story looks really interesting! Great picks!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope we both love One Dark Throne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're getting ready to start the second season of Game Of Thrones and that second cover really grabbed me. Both books look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two sequels for books I've been eager to read but can't seem to fit into my schedule! Hopefully soon because the sequels sound just as good as the first two sound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are two series that I really want to give a try. I hope you enjoy both of these, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited to start HPD. September 19th will roll around faster than you think!! I hope you enjoy these two when you get to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought One Dark Throne was a big improvement on the first book, and the action picked up too. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. UUhhh Our Dark Throne... already the second book and I still haven't read the first omg I gotta step my game up! *panic*

    ReplyDelete
  19. I still haven't read Three Dark Crowns yet. I read Kendare's Anna duology and it was good, but I haven't been really feeling the blurb for TDC. Maybe I'll just wait until the entire series is out before giving it a go...

    I hope you enjoy these two when you get your hands on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't read the first Kendare Blake book but I heard good things about it. I hope this sequel works better for you!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've read both of the first books here, and I cannot wait for these sequels. I will admit I'm dying for Hunting Prince Dracula more because *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hunting Prince Dracula looks soooo awesome. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!