Dec 8, 2017

Graphic Novel Review--Champion: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lu, Leigh Dragoon, & Kaari

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic─and each other─and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government's elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic's border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than even, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country's defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.




Omg. I forgot how totally wrecked I was after I read Champion, Champion: The Graphic Novel has reminded me of these feelings! Lol! As you might remember it was both heart-wrenching and heart-warming, but still, omg, I am wrecked!

Once again, Leigh Dragoon, Kaari, and Marie Lu work together to bring us yet another amazing and stellar graphic novel of one seriously amazing book series! I was so thrilled that this series got to conclude, as we know another beloved one failed to make good sales to continue.

Anywho, in this one we see Day and June and the new Elect, Anden, fight to bring peace to the Republic. But war is still eminent. The Colonies and the Republic are still battling it out and the plague is still riding strong throughout the cities. They believe a cure might be found within Eden’s blood, but Day is loath to trust the Republic who has turned its back on him and his family time and again.

The road to peace is going to be a long and bumpy ride for Day, June, and pretty much everyone. Day, as we learned previously, is sick and dying. He has a short time left to do a lot of impossible things and save the people he loves, but will he have the time to do it all?

Naturally, I remembered bits and pieces of this one! Particularly that ending as it started to come about! But wowzers, totally forgot about the timeframe! I think that’s what got me the most emotional about the situation! As its predecessor novel, this is still a heart-racing read indeed! And all my original feels that I had when reading it came back as I read this graphic novel! It was just so incredible! I love being able to see a book come to life in this way! Yes, movies and TV shows are great, but there’s something totally amazing about seeing it all illustrated!

Once again I feel saddened by seeing this series come to an end, but I must say it was done truly well! I loved the overall outcome of things and how it came about in resolving. It’s truly one of the best ways to end a series! Even in a graphic novel!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars





 

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't read this series yet. But you're definitely making me push it up the list. Great review, Jessica!
    Happy reading xoxo💗

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!