Feb 20, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


I am definitely already making my guesses as to the identities of certain people mentioned in this early half! I cannot wait to see how things all pan out!


"'Let's just sat we're even now.' His lips moved to the corner of her mouth.

Then, right before making contact, he pulled away. 'I wouldn't wish to repeat something so unpleasant for you.'

Without another word, Dante strutted off, his wide shoulders shaking, as if he were laughing.

Tella burned. After what Dante had just done, they were far from even."  Kindle loc 18%*


*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.


TITLE: Legendary
AUTHOR: Stephanie Garber
PUBLISHER: Flatiron Books
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: May 29, 2018



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


 This week's topic is: Books I’ve Decided I’m No Longer Interested In Reading


*in no particular order
**this one's gonna be hard, because I generally won't buy a book unless I have every intention of reading it (someday). As you can see I couldn't even think of 5! 
 

3. SPELLS by Aprilynne Pike--I remembered only feeling so-so about the first book in the series, I thought I might read the rest but after a couple of years I just decided against it.
2. OF METAL AND WISHES by Sarah Fine--I remember hearing good things about this one and debated over it for so long. I eventually just turned away since my TBR pile continued to grow.
1. HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD by John Tiffany & Jack Thorne--this one I am still on the fence about. I had initially just put it on a wishlist a few years ago when I was doing the OTSPSecretSister Exchange, just to have some books on my wishlist. I ended up getting it. There have been many mixed reviews on it, so I am not in a rush to read it, but I'd like to think I might one day.






16 comments:

  1. I don’t think I’ll read any more Rowling, no matter what she comes up with. Her Harry Potter series was enough.

    Here’s my list: https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/02/books-ill-never-read-plus-couple-of.html

    ReplyDelete

  2. I've given up on Harry Potter and the Cursed Child as well.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cursed Child... ugh. I refuse to read or acknowledge it as canon. My friends who are crazy die hard HP fans refer to it as blasphemy, and I'm totally fine with never reading it.

    Lauren @ bookslaying.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child never made my TBR list.

    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cursed Child wasn't that great. I really regret ever picking that book up and reading it. I really enjoyed reading the Wings series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser. And the Cursed Child never made my TBR list. I've also given up on a lot of classical literature. Always seems like I have something more interesting to be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was definitely not interested in reading HP and the Cursed Child at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking highly unlikely I'll ever get to The Cursed Child either, I just don't think the script format is for me.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually just unhauled Spells last month, even though it'd been on my shelf for probably five or so years. Wings was just too mediocre for me to continue with the series. As for The Cursed Child, I'd recommend reading it, just to say you have, especially if you ever get a chance to see the play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is on my TBR mountain and has been on and off and now on again on my calendar. I'm curious but not sure that I'll enjoy a play. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had Of Metal and Wishes for a very long time. I feel as though it may never be read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How funny I read the first by Aprillynne Pike too but never went back to finish the series. I have Of Metal and Wishes on my kindle but never seem to get around to it. Ugh I need to read Caraval it's sitting on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly, Cursed Child isn't worth it. Especially if you're a really big fan of the original seven books. I wish I never read it.

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have such mixed feelings on Cursed Child. As I read it I enjoyed it and it was fun, but then when I think back on it there is stuff that bugs me. The good thing about it though is that it is a super quick read.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!