Jul 12, 2018

Let's Discuss: Roswell Redux

I'm twisting this topic a bit! It's initially about how one feels regarding books becoming movies or TV shows--and the honest answer there is it's a love/hate relationship! Lol! 

For this one I wanted to discuss the Roswell TV show and the reboot that's to come this fall!


Roswell Redux


I bet you didn't know it, but the first Roswell TV show that most of us already know and love was based on a book series written by Melinda Metz!

But wait...the cover shows the Roswell cast! Well, the book wasn't quite published (if I remember correctly) by the time the show started. And the book was entirely different from the TV show, such as the character Liz. Her last name was different and for the life of me I can't recall the spelling of the book's version, she was Latina and had an older sister who died from a drug overdose. 

Naturally when the show started, a lot of that was changed and Liz Parker was an only American child. I read this book series eons ago so I can't remember it all that well, or at all really! But when Melinda was talking on twitter last week, she was mentioning how the new show/reboot would be going back to the original book Liz.

As you might have heard, the new Liz is also an alien...she's just not from outer space! While a part of me still aches that they are rebooting one of my favorite shows, another is curious to see the show if it's going to be more in line with the books--that I can't remember! Lol!

Though all these reboots on the CW irritates me, what with Roswell and Charmed. And they had the nerve to turn down the Supernatural spinoff, Wayward Sisters? I don't get it. I mean, yeah, they think people won't like it...but they think people will like a redux of a show from 10 years ago? Where's the logic in that?! 

Although that being said, I am likely to give this show a try. Out of pure curiosity of course. Lol.

Anyone else remember Roswell? The books or the TV show? How do you feel about the new reboot?







3 comments:

  1. This is so weird! I actually never saw Roswell, but it has always been on my "one day" watch list. I also didn't know there was a reboot! I may have to watch the original before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the original show, but I actually didn't realize it was based on a series. Now I'll have to see if I can find it and read it. How interesting!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read the books but I was OBSESSED with the show! I loved it so much! I think the new series could be really good- different enough so I won't directly compare it but still a good premise.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!