Aug 22, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Naya, the daughter of a sea merchant captain, nervously undertakes her first solo trading mission in the necromancer-friendly country bordering her homeland of Talmir. Unfortunately, she never even makes it to the meeting. She's struck down in the streets of Ceramor. Murdered.

But death is not the end for Naya. She awakens to realize she's become an abomination--a wraith, a ghostly creature bound by runes to the bones of her former corpse. She's been resurrected in order to become a spy for her country. Reluctantly, she assumes the face and persona of a servant girl named Blue.

She never intended to become embroiled in political plots, kidnapping, and murder. Or to fall in love with the young man and former necromancer she is destined to betray.


This one sounds so exciting! I love stories about ghosts and necromancers! They're rarer in literature these days though! Luckily I just made a trade for this one, so hopefully it will arrive soon!

TITLE: Twice Dead
AUTHOR: Caitlin Seal
PUBLISHER: Charlesbridge Teen
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: September 18, 2018 



The first time the Nightmares came, it nearly cost Alice her life. Now she's trained to battle monstrous creatures in the dark dream realm known as Wonderland with magic weapons and hardcore fighting skills. Yet even warriors have a curfew.

Life in real-world Atlanta isn't always so simple, as Alice juggles an overprotective mom, a high-maintenance best friend, and a slipping GPA. Keeping the Nightmares at bay is turning into a full-time job. But when Alice's handsome and mysterious mentor is poisoned, she has to find the antidote by venturing deeper into Wonderland than she’s ever gone before. And she'll need to use everything she's learned in both worlds to keep from losing her head...literally.




I was pretty much sold at Alice in Wonderland meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer! At least that's the promotional line being thrown out there! Hoping to love this one, though one of my friends had to DNF it, so I'm trying not to keep my expectations too high!


AUTHOR: L.L. McKinney
PUBLISHER: Imprint
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: September 25, 2018





 
 

7 comments:

  1. The first is new to me! But I've definitely heard of the second. I am curious about it - and I love the cover. 😍 I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous day, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Both books sound awesome!!! Great picks!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know about either and now I want them both haha thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very excited for Twice Dead! Totally agree that you don't see necromancer stories these days. Hope we both love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twice Dead looks so good! I picked up a copy at a recent con so I hope we both enjoy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are new to me. I hope you enjoy reading them, Jessica!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of the first one, but it looks awesome! And I'm curious about A Blade So Black as well.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!