Dec 10, 2018

BOOKISH NAUGHTY OR NICE TAG

I saw this tag over at Fiction No Chaser who originally saw it over at Jenniely. I thought it looked like fun and was perfect for Christmas in determining if you're on the naughty or nice list when it comes to books!

Here are some rules:
  • Tag & link the person who tagged you
  • Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
  • Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
  • Tag another 10 people!


Received an ARC and not reviewed it

NAUGHTY: *casts eyes down* I received a box of ARCs by surprise and have only read one. I have titles on Edelweiss I still haven't gotten to. I am trying reallllly hard to finish my challenges for the year and I'm afraid ARCs don't count if the reviews themselves won't be up until next year!


Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley

NICE: I am perpetually always at 99% because apparently long ago, I forgot to review a title. I think it was because I DNF'd it and didn't feel right leaving feedback for only a handful of pages, but I guess I should've!


Rated a book on goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)

NICE: I keep a reminder to do my cross-posting of ARC reviews in my planner. I might be a day or two later on occasion, but that's because life gets in the way. I'd say that 99% of the time I am on time though! ;)


Folded down the page of a book

NICE: I NEVER do this! In fact, I am more likely to buy you whatever book you want to borrow from me to prevent you from doing this to my books too! Lol.


Accidentally spilled on a book

NICE: probably on a technicality because it happened once years ago, but it was on an ARC so does it really count? Probably, but my finished copies remain spotless!


DNF a book this year

NAUGHTY: Every book is not for every person. So while I may have done this this year, I don't feel bad about it. I can't even remember what book it was! There may have even been more than one! But since it's technically "naughty" in eyes of this tag, I must sadly be naughty.


Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it

NICE: I mean sure, I've bought books because they were pretty but I always read them. Unless I've already read the book and then the publishers go and make a new version that's just gorgeous. Since I rarely ever have time to re-read, I will buy the pretty copy, but I might not read it, only because I've read it before in its less prettier copy! Lol.


Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)

NAUGHTY: I suppose you can call it naughty when I read at work, but it's only because I don't have any work to do at the moment. 


Skim read a book

NICE: I never do this. I don't even know how to do this really! Lol.


Completely missed your Goodreads goal

NICE: It hasn't happened yet! I usually even surpass it!


Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library

NICE: I rarely go to the library anymore for books. There are times I think about checking out "this" book if I remember. But usually that would be for a book I was hesitant on and then I later forget whatever book it was and don't bother. But I've never had a late fee even when I was in school!


Broke a book buying ban

NICE: Book buying ban? That would be like a food buying ban! Lol! Needless to say I've never gone on one of these to break. I usually keep a list of books I'll buy throughout the year and sometimes I occasionally even change my mind on even buying one of those! Of course, I still might buy a book that wasn't originally on it. But no bans for me!


Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about

NICE: Can't be done! I can't even read more than one book at a time anymore! Lol. My system is, read the book and once I finish it, write the review. I will not start a new book until I write that review. It usually works better for me to write the review right away because everything is fresh in my head and then I can go into a new book and immerse myself into a new world very easily!


Wrote in a book you were reading

NICE: I don't do this. I couldn't even do this when I was in my college textbooks. I tried but it was too hard. But I NEVER EVER wrote in one of my own personal books and that's what counts!


Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads

NICE: I pretty much add the book to my Goodreads list once I buy it. What I don't usually do is say when I'm reading it. And that's because I might write my review at work on break and then paste it into the book itself so I can then transfer it into a blog post when I get home. This way my blog can still be where the review was first! It's weird, but nice because then I don't have to type the review twice!


Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend

NICE: Like with libraries, I hardly ever borrow books from friends. I usually just prefer owning the books I want to read! I have a good idea of what I will enjoy and am only wrong maybe once every 100 books or so! And even then, it's not that I hated the book, just didn't LOVE it. Maybe liked it.


Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book

NAUGHTY: I guess you can say it's naughty that when I anticipated my sister wanting to borrow my copy of Allegiant that I just ordered her one as a gift! I saw what she did to her own copy of Insurgent and freaked out! Though ironically I didn't care whatsoever what she did to my copies of the Twilight books! LOL!


Broke the spine of someone else’s book

NICE: I don't do this to my own books! And since I rarely borrow books from people I couldn't do it anyway!


Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged

NICE: If I did take the jacket off to protect it, it basically worked! But since I've invested in book sleeves for transporting my books back and forth to work, I've saved a lot of covers and don't even have to take them off anymore. Unless they keep sliding off when I'm trying to read!


Sat on a book accidentally

NICE: I don't even know how that's possible! Lol. If I set my book down it goes on my desk. If I'm reading in bed, it goes on the far side of my bed where I couldn't possibly sit on it!


My final score: 

NICE 16     
NAUGHTY 4

Safe to say that I am definitely mostly on the nice list! LOL! What would your score be if you took this test? I basically tag anyone and everyone who wants to join in on this fun little tag!!











  


 
     


          

2 comments:

  1. I really like this tag! I just recently got my netgalley to 99% and it feels soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are the Nicest person I've ever seen do this tag! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!