Dec 4, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
 
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE 
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"The witches were waiting.

The fire blazed behind the three cloaked figures like a scene from Macbeth--if Macbeth had been set in a bombed-out trailer park. Shadows flicked eerily across the uneven ground. A chilly wind whipped dry dust into tiny cyclones and sent a shiver down my spine. I was standing in the Dusty Acres trailer park--or what was left of Dusty Acres anyway. A fire blazed in the concrete barbecue, the only thing that remained of the place I'd once called home.

Home was nowhere now." p. 1





TITLE: Yellow Brick War
AUTHOR: Danielle Paige
PUBLISHER: Hapercollins
GENRE: YA Fairy Tale Retellings
RELEASE DATE: March 15, 2016




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Cozy/Wintry Reads 


*in no particular order


BOOKS WITH WINTRY THEMES:

10. WINTER by Marissa Meyer--title choice obviously!
9. STEALING SNOW by Danielle Paige--another title choice, but she is a Snow Queen, so snowy points for that!
8. SNOW by Tracy Lynn--another title choice that's obvious! Lol.
7. RIVALS AND RETRIBUTIONS by Shannon Delany--a snowy cover! It's been too many years since I read this one but it's safe to say it's winter in the book! I miss this author!
6. BLACK ICE by Becca Fitzpatrick--Another author I miss! :( But this is another story that occurs in the snow!
COZY (PARANORMAL) READS:

5. ABBY COOPER: PSYCHIC EYE by Victoria Laurie--a lovely little paranormal read, light on the paranormal. Abby's a psychic that gets herself involved in one too many mysteries that are pretty scary!
4. WHAT'S A GHOUL TO DO? by Victoria Laurie--a cozy paranormal read filled with spooky ghosts and eerie mysteries!
3. SECONDHAND SPIRITS by Juliet Blackwell--so behind in this series, but the mysteries are usually paranormal in nature!
2. IF WALLS COULD TALK by Juliet Blackwell--another paranormal mystery that's heavy on the ghosts! Another series I am behind in!
1. THE VAMPIRE'S MAIL ORDER BRIDE by Kristen Painter--another adorable paranormal romance series! There's usually some conflict/somewhat mystery going on too and you guessed it, I'm behind in this one too! Lol.






 

5 comments:

  1. The cover for Rivals and Retribution is so eye-catching. I hope you like (or liked) it.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking note of all these cozy paranormal reads because I feel like those are a necessity this time of the year! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your TTT picks and totally agree with your choices. Stealing Snow is one that I've been really hoping to pick up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black Ice looks awesome, and it's the second time I've seen it today- must be a good one! And I love the look of Rivals and Retributiuons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a good job finding books fro this topic. I could think of like 2 books I had read, which fit the topic.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!