Mar 8, 2019

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
This week's question is: Do you buy all your books? If yes, do you keep it all? If no, where do you source them? (submitted by Angelica @ Paperback Princess)
 
 
 
MY ANSWER: Yes. I buy them all. I know. It's a dangerous habit. But I can't seem to help myself. I think of it as supporting my favorite authors and yet, I can't always read them as soon/quickly as I want to. I keep all my books I buy for the most part, like 99% of the time.

Every once in awhile I will do a purge and remove a few books. I used to take them to HPB to sell and earn a little cash to spend on more books. But then after one BIG unhaul of several boxes of books and movies and all that stuff, I didn't even make $50. So now I basically drop off my unwanted books in a Little Free Library. I'd rather someone pick it up from there and discover something magical then get like $2 on a perfect condition book from some odd years ago!






5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I always buy my books, and my bank account hates me for it. Back when I was a really active blogger I would get publishers to send me them for free, so I quickly collected a lot of books. But I sometimes didn't like them or didn't get around to reading them so I would host giveaways or donate them to my library. Now I'm a bit more careful with what I buy. I like to go to Barnes & Noble and read some of the book before I buy it to make sure I'll enjoy it. Recently, since I haven't read much in the past 4 years, any book I buy and read, I keep, even if I didn't like it. I don't know why, I just do. This is a really interesting topic, you always have really good discussion posts!

    Emily @ Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to donate my unwanted books too! Like you say, I'd rather someone who maybe can't afford more gets a bargain than selling it back to one of the cash exchange places.

    My Friday memes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have a lot to of physical books anymore but I give them to charity shops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you for buying all of your books. With my reading habit, I would have to really decide between having an unlimited cell phone plan, premium cable channels, and buying snazzy 4" heels. Not giving up the shoes, nor the unlimited data plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! I do listen to a lot of mine through the library, but I buy when I can or when I love something!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!