Mar 12, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"'Verity?' I repeated, struck cold and suddenly convinced this wasn't my little sister at all. When I finally reached her side, I feared that a stranger would be in her place.

A stranger with black tears running down her face." Kindle loc. 46%*


*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.








TITLE: House of Salt and Sorrows
AUTHOR: Erin A. Craig
PUBLISHER: Delacorte
GENRE: YA Fairy Tale Retelling

RELEASE DATE: August 6, 2019



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Standalone Books That Need a Sequel


*in no particular order


 
10. TO KILL A KINGDOM by Alexandra Christo--this one was really really good! I don't know if a sequel is necessary, but I wouldn't say no to a companion!
9. AS OLD AS TIME by Liz Braswell--this one could really use a sequel! It ends in a way that you know more adventure is about to happen and I want to see it through!!
8. HEARTLESS by Marissa Meyer--though this one works perfectly well as a standalone, I, again, wouldn't say no to a sequel to see what more Cath would do before Alice comes along!


7. UNHOOKED by Lisa Maxwell--this one I can't quite remember well, it probably be fine without a sequel but one is always appreciated! Lol! I think a companion novel, again, would work best!
6. THE RULES by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie--oh man, it's been years since I read this one! Nancy & Debbie were my first author duo and I loved their books! This one I can't recall if it ended in a satisfying way. Likely one of those books that could go either way, so naturally that means I NEED A SEQUEL!
5. THE DARK WORLD by Cara Lynn Shultz--I'm not sure what happened to this one! It's so sad. I think it could've been low sales. I just don't know. There was supposed to be a sequel, but it never came and I am left heartbroken ever after.
 
 
4. SERVANTS OF THE STORM by Delilah S. Dawson--this was one creepy and twisted read! I can't remember much else about it, but I do know it ended in a way that left me dying for more!! Sadly a sequel never came, but I'd definitely never say no to one!
3. 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil--this one was another standalone that worked rather well as such, but again, the ending left me needing more. I only vaguely recall the ending, but I know it was one that left you wondering just a tad!
2. UNCHAINED by J. Lynn--another series that just never went anywhere. I can't remember why Jennifer didn't continue this one. She explained it way back when, but naturally, I am still heartbroken over the loss.
 
 
1. NOCTURNE by Syrie James--I thought this one worked well as a heart-breakingly beautiful standalone, then I heard not too long ago, that a long time back Syrie had plans for a sequel. Yet here we are 8 years later with none in hand. I am devastated! The ending left me NEEDING more! Like I still have a STRONG UNDYING NEED for a sequel, but I follow Syrie and she's never breathed a word about this one again. I am sad.
 
 
 
 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think the author plans to do a sequel but she gets on to other things and it doesn't happen. That can certainly be disappointing. Or, in the case of To Kill a Mockingbird, it is even worse when her sequel is awful and then published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teaser sure is intriguing and this book is on my wish list.

    My TT from River Bones

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Kill a Kingdom and Heartless both work well on their own but I definitely wouldn't say no to more stories in their worlds!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/12/top-ten-tuesday-202/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Servants of the Storm does sound like an interesting read.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Kill a Kingdom looks so epic! Definitely gotta check that one out. Thank you for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read ANY of these, but many of the premises sound like they would work as series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh that quote from Salt and sorrows is good! Black tears? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really would have liked to have seen more of Cath and Jest, but I don't know about Heartless II without him. As Old As Time sounds really interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that half of yours are retellings too! I can never get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So with you on Unchained, it just didnt do as well so Entangled never continued it, but I loved those characters so I would have loved to see it continue.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!