Mar 26, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"They were nothing more than stories. But Harper had learned by now that some people would always prefer a story to the truth." p 41*


*This quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.











TITLE: The Devouring Gray
AUTHOR: Christine Lynn Herman
PUBLISHER: Disney-Hyperion
GENRE: Fantasy/Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: April 2, 2019




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Series That NEED Finales!!**


*in no particular order
**I don't listen to audiobooks or podcasts or anything music related really, so I made my own topic!!




10. CASHMERE by Temple West--this started out at Swoon Reads, then moved to Medias Res Publications. A third book was supposed to happen but never did. I've been waiting since 2017 when this one came out for word, but nada!
9. NIGHT MAGIC by Jenna Black--the cliffhangers, the cliffhangers, THE INSANITY!!!
8. THE DARKEST MAGIC by Morgan Rhodes--THE INSANITY!!!




7. BREAKING by Danielle Rollins--this was an intense little series of two books. From my recollection this one ended in a way that there could've been other additions but there's been ZIP! 
6. NEARLY FOUND by Elle Cosimano--another intense thriller series. I feel like this one ended good, but left an itty bitty cliffhanger twisty thing that never amounted to anything, SOB!!!
5. SPARKS OF LIGHT by Janet B. Taylor--there should've been THREE! THERE SHOULD'VE BEEN THREE!!!!




4. THE SHADOW CABINET by Maureen Johnson--there was supposed to be a fourth! There was something that happened at the end of this one that was omg shocking and THEN NOTHING!! WHY?!!!
3. RETURN TO THE DARK HOUSE by Laurie Faria Stolarz--the reason why this ending felt so mediocre was because that there should've been a third one! Laurie told me this in a post not too long ago and it DEVASTATED ME that I knew this! 
2. BLOOD REVELATION by Jamie Manning--my indie favorite that never seemed to get published! Goodreads said it was, but it wasn't! THEY LIE!!! The ebook never came about and there was never a paperback that I saw and I searched hard for this one!



THIS NEXT ONE SHOULD SURPRISE NO ONE...

1. TWISTED by Gena Showalter--until my DYING DAY I will mourn the loss of this series! My last words will be "There should've been a FOURTH!"





12 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I 100% agree with THE DARKEST MAGIC needing a finale!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they all get finales soon.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice twist on this week's TTT post! Great list, even if I haven't read any of the novels you've mentioned!

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my TTT post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Jessica. You definitely seem drawn to poor little unfinished series. How does that keep happening to you?!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at my read shelf, and wondering about Into the Dim. That series is NOT finished and I would love to get a finale to that and the Killer Unicorns series. Way to leave me hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EXCUSE ME! I didn't know there was supposed to be a third Dark House book! Excuse me while I go cry forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been waiting along with you for the next Intertwined book. Read that series long before I even started blogging or made a Goodreads account and I still remember that "ending". I still remain hopeful that there will be another Shades of London book coming out. I waited three years for The Shadow Cabinet to come out and almost gave up, but I guess it has been four years since The Shadow Cabinet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always hate it when there's a series that should have more. Usually I'm just waiting for the next one. So sad if there's supposed to be one and never happens though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your teaser is my WOW this week! I could not agree more with The Darkest Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate when series don't get a chance to be finished!! I remember I liked that Gena Showalter series, but I can't remember if I read all the books in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know everyone was so upset over The Darkest Magic, I own that series but now I dont wanna start it unless it does get that final book lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't started any of these series but I like the topic choice! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!