Sep 8, 2019

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


Another mundane week. Nothing good. Nothing bad. Still waiting to hear back from that one company I applied to through the staffing agency I applied to. It always irks me that these companies are saying they need someone yet they take forever to give you any kind of answer right away or at all! Ugh.

It was also a pretty quiet week for books, but of course I didn't come out empty handed...

This beauty arrived after I rescued it from the post office, I forget what UK companies require signatures, Waterstones is definitely one of them! Lol

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo--Collectors Edition from Waterstones!



Then I won a SIGNED paperback from Julie C. Dao!

Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao--SIGNED!


THANK YOU Julie!


And then as you might have saw on Instagram, I did a bit of shopping...


 A pack of stars and balloon confetti which I then painstakingly split into separate groups, as I wanted to do something with stars. I bought some last week at Michaels, but they're more sequin and have an annoying little hole in the middle. Not sure how those will photograph, so I thought I'd spend the $1 on a multi pack and just divide them myself! Didn't go as far as separating the colors though! Lol.


 Target was slooooowly putting out some Halloween stuff and a few rounds in the dollar section landed me 4 new bags of erasers...my stash was nowhere near dwindling, but you gotta love a fresh new stock of designs! Then it turned out they were HALF OFF!! I didn't see any signs but I wasn't objecting!! $4s worth turned into $2!

Then I went to the actual Dollar Store to scope out their Halloween stuff (and found that confetti, lol!) and saw this adorable puzzle and HAD to buy it! Then of course I assembled it and thought...that would look really good pasted together and maybe put on a board or something to then put on my bookcase! 

Yesterday was a pretty productive day! I almost made my bookmark I've been meaning to do for months, but discovered our hole puncher was missing so that's a project for yet another day...again.


That's it for me! What did you all get this week?






 

10 comments:

  1. My pet peeve is that you apply for a job, and they just leave you hanging. I mean, how long could it take to send an email. Yeesh! That is beautiful copy of Crooked Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful book, Jessica! That copy of Crooked Kingdom is going to look great on your shelf. I do hope that you get the news you want on the job front soon. Looking for a job is rough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally trying to avoid stores at the moment or I am going to spend all my money on Halloween stuff! lol
    Sometimes I love the UK versions of books covers more than the US version!

    Have a great week, Jessica! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That waiting game can be very discouraging. :(
    I wish I had a Target closer so I could hit that Dollar spot! I'm missing out on all the Halloween goodies! Also, that edition of Crooked Kingdom is gorgeous! :D

    Stacy Renee @ LazyDayLit

    ReplyDelete
  5. That copy of Crooked Kingdom is so beautiful! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you hear something soon! I love that edition of Crooked Kingdom! I just wish I loved that series. Our Target is being soooo slow with the Halloween stuff! I'm so excited for it to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sucks they haven't gotten back to you. I mean they could at least tell you yes or no so you don't wait around hoping. Great haul!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a beautiful edition of Crooked Kingdom! Enjoy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing your bookmark. I love collecting them and seeing what everyone uses. That edition of Crooked Kingdom is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is definitely very irritating!! Why don't people just respond if they are looking for new employers?! Blegh.. hate that.
    And I love that puzzle! Great idea to put in on your bookcase.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!