Oct 15, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker
 

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


SOOO happy to finally be reading this gem! I'm absolutely savoring it too!


"The two young women made their way toward the first-floor restaurant, on a quest to find Kassamir.

Leaving Celine in a den of lions...standing besides Lucifer." p 109














TITLE: The Beautiful
AUTHOR: Renee Ahdieh
PUBLISHER: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
GENRE: YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: October 8, 2019 



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Extraordinary Book Titles (submitted by Elise @ A Book and a Cup)


*in no particular order



10. VAMPIRES NOT INVITED by Cheyenne McCray--this was such a fun series I read sooo many years ago! I loved the titles of the books too! They were always fun and involved a paranormal being of some sort!
9. KINGDOM OF THE BLAZING PHOENIX by Julie C. Dao--still need to read this one but the title is absolutely epic!
8. WHAT A GHOUL WANTS by Victoria Laurie--I mean how FUN is this title? Like you aren't singing Christina's song now with "ghoul" instead of "girl!"


7. SEVENTH GRAVE AND NO BODY by Darynda Jones--all of the titles in this series have been fun! I pretty much chose one at random! I loved all the uses of "grave."
6. YOU SUCK by Christopher Moore--a classic vampire tale! I read it years ago and still have another installment I'd like to read at some point, but seriously, coolest vampire title ever!
5. SLASHER GIRLS & MONSTER BOYS by Multiple Authors--another deviously fun title of spooky tales!!!


4. DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige--another title that is just SOOO cool! I mean when I read the name Dorothy my mind always goes back to THE Dorothy of Oz!
3. KILL THE FARM BOY by Delilah S. Dawson & Kevin Hearne--another punny title! When I hear "farm boy" I tend to think of Westley from The Princess Bride, which I feel like is part of the pun here!
2. STALKING JACK THE RIPPER by Kerri Maniscalco--another series filled with amazing titles! The first one was so edgy though and a great play on words!


1. LEGENDARY by Stephanie Garber--a simple title, yet epic! I mean LEGENDARY!! And by now we all know of Legend despite him still being a mystery! It was perfect!!!





8 comments:

  1. I should put that book on my front door: Vampires Not Invited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize that sentence from The Beautiful!
    Great choices all! Love Darynda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Kill the Farm Boy, despite other reviewers saying it tried too hard to be funny. The concept is interesting! I did not like Legendary... or the other two books in the series. I tried to listen to the audio for Legendary, I really did, because I was curious what happened at the end... but I couldn't do it. I dislike ALL of the characters, haha. Glad it worked for you!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Ghoul Wants is such a fun title.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great titles! I especially like Dorothy Must Die! Happy reading! 🙂
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Ghoul Wants is a funny play on the song. I love stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a fun topic this week, and You Suck- that one cracks me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slasher Girls and Monster Boys is definitely a good one! I remember being really curious as soon as I heard it and saw the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!