Oct 22, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker
 

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"It's a ghost story of course,' she says, showing that row of tiny, even teeth. In the light, her hair is painted silver--she isn't blond at all. And she shuts her door, but not before I catch a flicker of emotion cross her face, something melancholy, something cold and ancient." p. 52













TITLE: The Tenth Girl
AUTHOR: Sara Faring
PUBLISHER: Imprint
GENRE: YA Horror
RELEASE DATE: September 24, 2019 



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Books I’d Give Different Titles To


*I'm not so sure about this one. Titles are rarely things I have a problem with and I suck at giving titles! Soooo many of my unfinished pieces on my laptop are just lamely titled "Untitled Vampire 2" and such! Lol.
**in no particular order


6. SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard--please don't hate me Tracy! Lol. I really enjoyed this one, but I guess I never really understood how the title fit with the story. Though it's been years since I read it.
5. SERVANTS OF THE STORM by Delilah S. Dawson--I looooved this one! Though thinking back...I'm not sure how this title fit with the story either. Creepy stuff happened with the storm that hit...but were the creepy things the "servants" then?
4. THE MORTICIAN'S DAUGHTER: ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE by C.C. Hunter--I guess the way this title was arranged was just too much. Goodreads just has the "subtitle" part. It's like the fiasco with Bree Despain's Into the Dark series all over again!


3. EXISTENCE by Abbi Glines--another one I loved and read years ago! And yet another one I can't recall how the title fit with the story as well.
2. VIOLET EYES by Debbie Viguie--a fairy tale retelling of The Princess & the Pea...weirdest title ever for it though.
1. SPIRITED by Nancy Holder--a retelling of The Beauty and the Beast...another oddly named title for such a fairy tale.





 


 

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think they come up with the title randomly, just before the book goes to press. The author is in line at Starbucks, and she asks the barista, "What's your dog's name?" and the barista tells her, "Violet Eyes," and the author thinks, Okay, there's my title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Spirited doesn't seem like a good title for that book.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so I want to read The Tenth Girl.
    The Mortician's Daughter: One Foot In The Grave is A Title wow. So many words and so unnecessarily long?
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes those one word, glittery titles for fantasy novels really don't work. The fairytale ones are especially bad. Great list!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read these books but I enjoyed reading your post. Here is my post https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2019/10/top-ten-tuesday-5-star-predictions.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like random titles. I mean, sometimes they seem random until I read the book, but many times, they are just random or cliched.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, now that you mention it, Splintered is really a weird title for that one. The series is amazing though! XD

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!