Feb 15, 2020

Let's Discuss: My Coin Collection Pt. 2

So I had another idea for a ramble, because that's what I'm starting to think of half my discussion posts! Me rambling about something. Lol. Then of course when I get idea I find myself going back through old ones to make sure I'm not repeating myself, because that happens sometimes too!

I previously mentioned I collect coins, foreign currency, old coins, and the like. But I also collect non-monetary coins that are worth absolutely nothing except to me because of what they represent!


My Coin Collection Part 2



So here we have part one of my Disney coins! There's the Belle coin I bought on eBay last year that had Belle and a book! Then there's The Haunted Mansion coin I bought off Disney's site and then finally the Magic Kingdom coin that I believe was an anniversary coin of some sort.

Then we have my book-related coins that I bought off various bookish shops like Fae Crate and Lit Joy Crate! I have the complete Harry Potter set which has all four dragon coins, the DA Club Galleon, and of course the Ministry of Magic entrance coin!

Then from Fae Crate I have The Cruel Prince, Stalking Jack the Ripper, The Young Elites, and Red Queen!

Then at my last visit to Universal Studios, I bought the Harry Potter coin set!


Then this is more my miscellaneous set that dates back to my childhood! Sure I have my some Disney ones representing the parks, but there's also 5/7 Lucky Charm ones that way back when promoted the 7 Wonders of the World! I'm almost tempted to scour eBay for the other two! Lol. Then there's some Beanie Babies ones that my sister and I got when we were kids, two other Disney ones from the early Disney Movie Rewards, a plastic coin that came from my senior year in high school homecoming week, our theme was fairy tales and we had Peter Pan! Lol. There's a Scooby Doo coin I got with a special coloring book, and yes a SPACE JAM coin that came with the movie wayyyy back when, a Clydesdale coin that "made" at Grant's Farm here in St. Louis, then below that is a Polar Bear coin from our Zoo, the lighting wasn't quite good for that one. Next to that is my Supernatural hunter's coin, lol! And then just off to the side of that is a piece of cursed Aztec gold from the best movie of the POTC franchise aka the first one! Lol.


So as you can see each of the coins I collect has a special tie or memory for me. Disney related ones representing a great vacation. Book related ones that obviously remind me of a great read. Other fandoms or just memories of my childhood. And I've had some of these for years and I can still remember how I got them all if not the exact when!


Do you have any odd collections?








1 comment:

  1. I love all your coins! I think these non-monetary coins are even more wonderful than a regular coin collection because they all have some special meaning to you!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!