Mar 24, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


It's sooo great to be back in the Hollows! I loved the original series and am elated that Kim is writing a continuation! 

"'Sweet as pixy piss,' Jenks said, and I dropped the two-by-four. Ivy met my grin with her own. It was always a pleasure to work with her, even this little." Kindle loc. 6%*


*Quote comes from the eARC therefore it and its location are not final.










TITLE: American Demon
AUTHOR: Kim Harrison

PUBLISHER: ACE
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: June 16, 2020





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Genre Freebie: Top Ten "Old School" Paranormal & YA Paranormal Reads


*in no particular order
**in this case I'm defining "old school" as books that were out 10 years (or later) ago.


ADULT:

10. BITTEN by Kelley Armstrong--werewolves! Which spawned into more creatures getting stories and whatnot!
9. HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost--VAMPIRES! This was an example of finding an Urban Fantasy book in the romance section! Yes it's Avon and yes we all know of the hot romance inside, but the romance itself isn't the storyline so I felt like it was slightly mis-shelved. We need that in between genre name that falls between romance and sci-fi fantasy.
8. STRAY by Rachel Vincent--big cat shifters...think panthers! This was the first time I learned that Urban Fantasy books could be mis-shelved in romance because the publisher was a "mostly" romance publisher. Though there was romance in the book, it took a backseat to the story at large!


7. SOME GIRLS BITE by Chloe Neill--snarky vampires! I was drawn to this cover because of the heroine wearing jeans and a tank top! She looked like your average girl despite the vamprisim which is what drew me to it!
6. DEAD WITCH WALKING by Kim Harrison--witches, vampires, pixies, elves, you name it! I remember I accidentally started reading the second book first thinking that was the start of it all. Took me maybe 30 pages or 3 chapters to realize the events they kept referring to was an actual book! To BORDERS I went! Lol!


YOUNG ADULT:

5. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--vampires! This should surprise no one to find on my list! ;)
4. THE VAMPIRE DIARIES by L.J. Smith--vampires! Decided to leave it just as the series title!
3. COMPANIONS OF THE NIGHT by Vivian Vande Velde--vampires! Still kicking myself for donating my copy! Need to get on finding another asap!


2. THE SILVER KISS by Annette Curtis Klause--vampires! True, as a young middle school teen I read lots of vampires...yet I soon expanded my reading come high school when I started reading adult urban fantasy!
1. BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE by Annette Curtis Klause--werewolves! Proof that I read more than just vampire books! (she says of 1 book out of 5! LOL!)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!