Apr 12, 2020

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


It seems I got lucky at work this week, as they decided they had to temporarily let people go because of all this outside mess. Business is slower, so a few people were asked to volunteer for a temporary dismissal or whatever you want to call it. I guess when this is all over we'll see how many of them come back. I heard at least one person might just decide to not come back after its all said and done. While I do loathe this job, I don't think I'm ready to be without a paycheck. Job search has pretty much hit a freeze. There hasn't been many new postings but for a few here and there. I totally get it, but it just makes this situation even harder to deal with in the long run.


Here's what I bought this week:


 

A Bad Day for Sunshine by Darynda Jones--SIGNED! +a totally cool key chain
Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout--SIGNED! Since the prequel novella finally got its redesigned cover I decided to order it from Jennifer's shop...among other things!
 
 
 
Received from the publisher for review:
 
Fractures by Alice Reeds (ARC)--as you all might know, I read Echoes in 2018 and LOOOOOOOVED IT! I've been dying to read this sequel and am happy to toss my already planned reading schedule out the window for this one!
 
 
THANK YOU Entangled Teen! 
 
 
 
Other bookish goodies that were obtained: 
 
 
House of Earth and Blood poster preorder gift! I am so grateful the publisher used a higher quality paper and put it in a large envelope so the post office people wouldn't bend it to fit in the mail box!


THANK YOU Bloomsbury!
 
 
 A necklace from the JLA Shop, this was an extra item from the box she had for sale earlier. I bought this, because DAEMON! And then the blanket because it was so gorgeous! And it's really soft too!


This one has a nice little quote from The Darkest Star
 
 
 
During one of my Etsy sprees, I found this Caraval artwork page! It's on an actual page on the book Caraval with that beautiful tent artwork from the UK books, with of course the beloved welcoming! 
 
I had bought a fancy frame for it, but sadly, the opening cut off the edges of the lettering, so back to the store it went! I'm going to find a nice one though and add it to my Caraval shelf!
 
 
 
And that was it for me this week! Not too bad all things considered! I only added one book to the TBR pile and I will be starting that one as soon as possible!! Lol.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!