Jun 7, 2020

Review--Kitty Saves the World by Carrie Vaughn

The final novel in the New York Times bestselling series

It’s all come down to this, following the discoveries made by Cormac in Low Midnight, Kitty and her allies are ready to strike. But, when their assassination attempt on the evil vampire Dux Bellorum fails, Kitty finds herself running out of time. The elusive vampire lord has begun his apocalyptic end game, and Kitty still doesn’t know where he will strike.

Meanwhile, pressure mounts in Denver as Kitty and her pack begin to experience the true reach of Dux Bellorum’s cult. Outnumbered and outgunned at every turn, the stakes have never been higher for Kitty. She will have to call on allies both old and new in order to save not just her family and friends, but the rest of the world as well.







Another one bites the dust! Yes, I just finished another series! This time it was Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville series! Kitty Saves the World is the end of the series and as you might imagine it, quite possibly the end of the world.

This was an exciting installment and finale to the long beloved series! I loved this series because Kitty isn't your average werewolf in the closet, if memory recalls, she outs herself in the first book and it pretty much gives her her career in radio talk show host! I can't believe there were 14 books in this series. It's been a long adventure and I was happy to be apart of it!

Kitty and her friends come together, some familiar faces, some not as much...too much time between whenever they made their last appearance for me! Lol! But it was still rather easy to get back into the game, the Long Game as it were. Anyway, back on track, Kitty and her friends come together to stop Roman once and for all in stopping the end of the world. Or at least stopping it from becoming a vampire dominant world.

Thanks to Cormac and Amelia's lead, they have a plan to meet Roman and that's where Kitty's friend Tina comes in, but naturally, the first attempt doesn't go as planned and there's mayhem and hijinks. When Kitty and crew head home, it's only to find more disaster and that Kitty's pack has gone missing.

This was a really intense read! It seemed at every turn, Kitty and her friends kept hitting a brick wall. There was a twist to this story that I didn't really see coming and that may be because I've been gone from this world too long, or it really could've just popped up for the first time here and now. I almost was going to mention it here, but I decided not to. It's not really spoilery, just something that I didn't expect. Lol.

So in past reviews over the years...and in my last review of Cormac's book, you all know I was Team Cormac for the win! Except, you know, he didn't win. Sigh. So seeing the romance moments between Kitty and Ben was still hard. You'd think I would've gotten used to this by now. I say they got together before the halfway mark, like significantly before the halfway mark. And here I am, at the grand finale, still not able to enjoy the Kitty and Ben together time. Yeah...it's rough when your team loses and I generally end up going for the "winning" team. Lol. But regardless, the romantic moments were still sweet ones and I do enjoy the intensity between Kitty and Ben...it's just hard since Cormac is still there and all.

The epic clash of the titans ending was definitely epic, yet at the same time...I felt it was a touch anticlimatic. Or maybe I was distracted when I was reading it, I was interrupted several times when I was reading these final chapters. But the ending just felt rushed in some sense. Like the big battle part of the ending was just a little bit shorter than I thought it would be. The moments thereafter were a touch cheesy, but the gooey kind that makes you melt inside. Lol.

All in all, Kitty Saves the World was definitely a good ending to the series. It was one where things felt wrapped up, but still left wiggle room for more adventures in this world. I enjoyed Carrie's afterward letter regarding the series. Though Kitty's story is wrapped up for now, I could totally see her popping up should there ever be a spinoff to this series. I recall there being two Cormac and Amelia books out last year that I might have to look into at some point! This series is definitely one to check out if you're looking for the classic Urban Fantasy kind of read! It's wildly entertaining!


Overall Rating 4/5 stars




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!