Jun 7, 2020

Stacking the Shelves: MORE CARAVAL & VAMPIRES!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


I've been dying to share all week long, but it never felt right. So I'll share it now: I GOT A JOB!!! I finally, finally was offered a new job! Truthfully, I was offered it offhand just before all the COVID shutdowns happened. I didn't start then because they didn't want to bring me in and then basically send me home a week later when everything shut down and since I was still working through all the shutdowns, they thought it best just to wait and see. And finally, that day has come! I already put my notice in at work, so this week is my last week. I am so excited for this new career path for myself. I'm working closer to home, in a wayyyy less dangerous city. Did I mention that we heard firecrackers going off last week around 10am? It was pretty scary, and a 7/11 one street over from our building was burned down. It's not a good time for me to be working where I am...or was! Just one more week of this craziness.

Though with this new job will come a new set of hours. The only perk of my other job was going in early and leaving early. Now I'm on the more typical work day time-frame. So in the coming weeks, my blog hopping might turn sporadic until I can find the right balance. I'll figure it out eventually, because blogging is one of the things that makes me happy and I don't want to give that up just yet!


Now onto the goodies! Here's what I bought this week:



The Vampire Debt by Ali Winters--cover looks a lot like Crave, right? This popped up in an email of recommendations and it sounded amazing, so I quickly downloaded it!
From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout--finally bought the REAL copy! And it's SIGNED!!!


Then I received from the author for a promo of sorts back in March:

Legendary by Stephanie Garber--the Slovakian edition!! And it's SIGNED!!! And look at how GORGEOUS it is without the dustjacket!!! EEEK!


THANK YOU Stephanie!



For review from the publisher I received...as you already know:

The Nemesis by S.J. Kincaid (ARC)--the wait is finally over!!!

THANK YOU Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers!!




Other goodies I got this week:

(Mind the messy bed! Lol, clearly I was reading in bed prior to picture taking!)
When I saw Entangled Teen put up a Crave shop of sorts, I was stoked to find the hat in the shop! So naturally I had to buy it! I love that the writing is embroidered! Though with current events lately, I might wait a bit before wearing something that has "kill" on it. Though if they read the book they'd totally get it! Which is why I ordered it in the first place! Gotta love those inside book jokes! 



Another bookish Funko Pop from Pages of the Night! This time I got Jacks!! In one of Britnee's posts about what we'd like to see in her next restock, I put in for a Jacks with bloody tears again. I wanted to get a Pop of him that said it was Jacks with something identifying. I also asked for one with an apple, or both! And it looks like she went the route of both! Super happy with this guy!! My Caraval case is getting full with art designs now too!!



And that was it for me this week! I had a really good week this week :D

What did you all get this week?








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!