Jul 12, 2020

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


Honestly, since starting my new job, my soul feels so much lighter. Yes, there are still other terrible, horrible, horrendous things happening in this world. But I feel better about my job situation at least. I'm continuing to learn more as I get used to this new area of work and I feel like I'm doing okay. Made a mistake or two here, but I'm learning and they understand that. They've told me numerous times how I am doing a good job so quickly and I'm trying to learn from my mistakes too and making sure they don't get repeated. It's a good learning experience. Outside of that, there's not much else to report.

The haul this week was smallish...though by the weekend a few requests were approved and I once again added a bit too much to my plate especially with my new schedule, but I'll get by somehow. Though I do think my physical books challenge will not be met. I'm halfway through the year and just barely halfway through!

Here's what I bought:

Evil Thing by Serena Valentino--I'm almost caught up in this series. I just have to read last year's release. I would've read it last year when I planned to meet Serena at YALLFest, but she had to cancel and I stopped my readathon to move onto other YALLFest authors.
The Damned by Rene Ahdieh--after being rejected again for the eARC you can bet I started this one right away when it showed up two days late! Thanks for that Amazon!
The Princess Will Save You by Sarah Henning--SIGNED! I treated myself to a signed copy on impulse. Plus it came with a postcard and an exclusive sticker to her indie bookstore purchases! I bought this now even though I don't plan to read it until at least next year when I can binge it with its final installment next year. I'm suffering a bit from memory lapse with The Damned right now since I COULDN'T wait on that series! LOL!



For review from the publishers, I received:

This is Not a Ghost Story by Andrea Portes (ARC)
The Ghost Tree by Christina Henry (ARC)
You Were Never Here by Kathleen Peacock (ARC)


THANK YOU HarperTeen & Berkley Books!


All three of these have potential to be my pick for my annual Halloween Giveaway! Whether it's the Spooktacular or my created Creeptacular Giveaway all depends on the former emailing me about signing up this year unlike last year when they left me out! :(



And then finally, this little lovely arrived this week too:

My Fae Crate Audrey Rose stuffie! The one and likely only upside to COVID canceling everything was that I got to buy her since NYC BEA was canceled! I can't wait to take pictures of her and my Thomas!!
 
 
One last item I bought this weekend since it's Disney related is my new ornament that is going on my shelf instead of the tree due to its size:
 
It's Hallmark's The Haunted Mansion Ornament!!!! It's the hitchhiking ghosts and when you press the button you hear the Ghost Host giving the intro speech about the Mansion and basically the intro to Grim Grinning Ghosts! It lights up in multiple colors and is all sorts of awesomeness!! Totally worthy the unspeakable price I paid, but I wasn't taking the chance that it would be available post Christmas!
 
 
 
 
 
And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!