Jul 7, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"Bryce bristled. As if she were some little female in need of a big, strong warrior to guard her.

Even if it was partially true. Mostly true.

Totally and definitely true, if that demon was being summoned again." p. 149










TITLE: House of Earth and Blood
AUTHOR: Sarah J. Maas
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury Publishing
GENRE: Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: March 3, 2020




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Authors I’ve Read the Most Books By


*in smallest to biggest order


10. MARIA V. SNYDER--I've read 17 books by Maria! She has 18, one was MG and I'm not much of an MG reader, so I skipped that one! She should still have one book release this year, and I am looking forward to that one!
9. DARYNDA JONES--Darynda tied with Maria at 17 books! I mean I know she has some longer novellas out now too, but I was overwhelmed with books so I was kinda skipping those for now!
8. JEANIENE FROST--I've read all 18 books by Jeaniene...at least I don't think there was another one. Unless there's a contemporary I'm missing...but still I've read 18 of her books!


7. JULIE KAGAWA--I've read all 19 of Julie's books! So excited to learn that she returns to the Iron Fey Chronicles next year! I was always sadden with how things turned out for Puck. So here's hoping for some happy!
6. CHLOE NEILL--I've read all 22 of her current books and loved every single one of them! Excited for her debut in the fantasy genre this November!
5. KIM HARRISON--I counted out 24 books for Kim, not counting all the anthologies she was in, but did count her own personal short story collection and Hollows Insider...plus 2 graphic novels! She's one of the first "adult" authors I started reading when I found the YA section lacking in the Paranormal area.


4. VICTORIA LAURIE--I've read 24 of Victoria's books, not counting an MG series. I still have 4 more not included in that number that I still need to read. And she's got at least one release coming out still this year! 
3. RACHEL VINCENT--I've read 25 of her books and still have 3 more on my TBR pile! I fell in love with her books when I was just finding my adult titles to read and in some ways got into blogging because of her! Lol. She also just announced a new release on the calendar for next year and I'm all sorts of excited for that!
2. JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT--surprisingly not number one, but second is close! Lol. I've read 26 of her books (not including her contemporary ones) and only have 5 sitting on my TBR pile to read. She writes so darn fast that I guarantee it'll be 7 before the year is out! Hopefully I can read TBN when it releases though!


1. KELLEY ARMSTRONG--I've read at least 35 of her books! I was going through her works list on Goodreads and that's the number I came up with. Sadly there's 7 books left of hers on my TBR pile. 3 are short story compilations and 4 are actual books...though two of them make one huge story she wrote on one of those serial series sites. But yeah, she too was one of the first adult authors I gravitated towards when I started reading that age level.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!