Aug 13, 2020

Random Thursday

By taking a glance at the first two pages in this section of Weird But True by Leslie Gilbert Elman, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have nightmares, especially with today's current events.


(image borrowed from HealthScope Mag)
Did you know each individual carries about 150 species of bacteria on their hands? Did you also know that your bacteria is as unique as you? These germs aren't necessarily dangerous, but they're distinctive, so distinctive that scientists can tell where your hands have been by the germ samples left on your phone, computer, or other hard surfaces.


That's trippy!




(image borrowed from Wonderpolis)
As we've been told these last several months, germs that cause colds can live on hard surfaces like faucets, doorknobs, telephones, handles, and remote controls for as long as two days.


And it was this year that I finally realized...Monk had the right idea.






(image borrowed from giphy)
Medical researchers have discovered that some forms of harmful bacteria just won't die, no matter how much you wipe them out. They call them "persisters" because they resist all the antibiotic treatments that should kill them. In fact, they even "play dead" without actually dying. And just when you think they're gone, under the right conditions, they come back to life!!


Naturally, as I read this factoid, this image popped up in my head! Lol!




(image borrowed from Youtube)
It was reported that 92% of Americans say they wash their hands after using the public restroom. Though observational research has show that only 77% actually do.


Eww! And I'm wondering if we're up to 92% NOW? But seriously, you use the public restroom and DON'T wash your hands? This is why I've always used paper-towels to open the door.




(image borrowed from giphy)
In 2002, at the University of Massachusetts, a study was done that showed that 60% of people lied at least three times in a ten-minute conversation.

FUN FACT: The same study also discovered that men and women lie with the same amount of frequency. However, men tended to lie to make themselves look better, whereas women lied to make others feel better.


I mean, as soon as I saw it talking about lying, I knew I HAD to get a gif from one of my favorite movies! LOL.







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!