Aug 2, 2020

Stacking the Shelves--a GREAT surprise!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


This felt like another extremely long week. I truly think it's because I literally have nothing to look forward to. This whole year is just a bust I think. Sad way to start a new decade huh? I pretty much feel like all Fall events are going to be canceled too. All those festivals I like to use my vacation days for. Don't get me wrong, I get why they have to be canceled. Sigh...I do have some vacation days I can use this year, so I might just throw some in here and there just to use them up.


Here's what I bought this week:

A Wicked Magic by Sasha Laurens--luckily the added gift card I had helped to bring this one down to Amazon's old price range!
Of Flame and Fury by Cecy Robson--I chose slower shipping on two of my last non-book orders and it got me some credits to use towards digital things, so I immediately used them to pay for half of this one!



Then my July Fairy Loot came in earlier than I anticipated! So that was a nice surprise. Though, oddly, with the book, I prefer the original cover art. It's the virtually the same just a different color. This new color just doesn't mesh well in my opinion, but whatever! :)





Then I won the June Series Enders Reading Challenge and got another e-gift card which I immediately spent! Lol.




THANK YOU Sandy & Holly!



Then from Underlined I finally got my pillow case I earned through various preorders. I nearly forgot about it until I opened it! 




THANK YOU Underlined!
 
 
 
And then I saved the best for last, because honestly, even though I bought it, it was WAY better than I expected! So as you might know, I am waiting on a package that got lost that was Caraval related. It's the Moonlight Crate alternate dust-jackets for the UK hardcovers! I decided I wanted to buy another round of books for these, yeah, I know, I have all 4 designs from the other books, but my brain computes those as a set themselves, so I bought second or third print runs of books 2 & 3 easily, finding book 1, was harder...

So I turned to eBay, checked it on the regular and I finally saw someone selling a UK Caraval HARDCOVER that was UNDER $250! Hell, it was just over $20 and I thought yes!! I don't care if it's a secret cover or not, as the description just said hardcover. But you guys! When I opened my package guess what I had...


It was the TESCO CARAVAL!!!! The ultra uber rare edition that's pretty hard to find! I mean, I had a copy that I was able to get with some help the first time around, but to have a second one I was pretty stoked!! And it's in really good condition too! There's a bit of scrape in the pages, but it's pretty minor in the long run considering what edition this is!!
 
Caraval by Stephanie Garber--TESCO EDITION!!!!


Now just to wait for my covers to arrive...hopefully, maybe, eventually, GOD PLEASE LET THEM COME!!!! 😭😭😭










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!