Sep 8, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"Still, to be sure, Dan typed kasyan fairy tale into the browser on her phone. The results page flashed a list of links, then went white and froze. Dan reloaded the page, but it crashed again, then again. Dan chewed her lip. That didn't mean anything. The internet was always going down, although it wasn't actually down at the moment, since all her other apps were working and the search results for just fairy tale, no kasyan, loaded just fine." p 23










TITLE: A Wicked Magic
AUTHOR: Sasha Laurens
PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: July 28, 2020









Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books for My Younger Self 


*for this I am going with books I read that I think my younger self would've liked
**in no particular order



10. HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE by J.K. Rowling--I mean I did read this fairly early and whatnot, but I suppose I could've started it earlier than I did! Lol.
9. THE ISLE OF THE LOST by Melissa de la Cruz--I still need to finish this series but my Disney loving younger self would've adored this series!
8. DOLL BONES by Holly Black--as a kid, I did really like Are You Afraid of the Dark, so I bet I would've loved this story then too!



7. THE LAST UNICORN by Peter S. Beagle--I mean, I still need to read the full version of this book, but I loved watching the movie as a kid. So I probably should've read this back then! As of now, I read an early draft of it I think, it was something about the beginning of the book and it was good, that's why I bought the full version...but yet I still need to read it!
6. THE JOY OF COOKIES by Cookie Monster--yeah, what kid wouldn't love a book about Cookie Monster's philosophy on life and relating it back to cookies?
5. LOST IN A BOOK by Jennifer Donnelly--it seems ages since I read this instead of like 3 years ago! Lol. But anything Belle and B&tB and book related would've been a winner for me back then!



4. THE DOLLHOUSE MURDERS by Betty Ren Wright--I finally read this last year and then gifted it to my niece. I grew up on the movie, I so should have read this back then too!
3. AS OLD AS TIME by Liz Braswell--omg my younger self would have ADORED this series! It's so awesome, alternate Disney tales?! I still have plenty more to read of it too!
2. PART OF YOUR WORLD by Liz Braswell--so yeah, I chose another favorite of this series just because it was so awesome! I was a Disney kid, so a Disney related book would've been A-MAZING!



1. BETWEEN THE LINES by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer--a book within a book...where the characters come out of the book to exist in the real world! Omg, I would've ate this story up as a youth! I still need to read the sequel/companion novel at some point but I adored this story when I read it some years ago!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!