Oct 25, 2020

Stacking the Shelves--Disney Mania!

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

Sadly, I wish that subtitle meant a future Disney trip, but until COVID goes away and things can return to a better normal, my trip will have to be put on hold. Well, as you might have figured, I did get sick from last weekend and it lasted all week and I'm still working it off right now. It's been a terrible head cold. My head hurts and I had some congestion. Now it's clearing up but kind of goes back and forth with just congestion and no headache or a headache and no congestion. Needless to say it's driving me crazy still! My reading suffered greatly this week. I'm going to try to read all day today and see what happens, maybe I'll finish my book, maybe not. Though I'm pretty sure I'm changing my next read. Maybe next Halloween I'll read Hocus Pocus, I'm feeling in the mood for something less daunting and the 500+ pages is seeming too much for myself when I'm running more at 90%.

 

It was a weird week for books, I'll say that. It started tame...then B&N had a coupon for Friday and I thought, you know, I'm just gonna buy my Tuesday releases with that! They weren't on sale, but the coupon helped! Lol. Then I ordered another set of books at my favorite indie store when I visited yesterday--though of the 3, only 1 is for me--and two other orders came in the mail! One Amazon book actually came ON TIME! It's the FIRST book to arrive on time this year!! And that's likely including the few orders PRE-pandemic!

Here's what I bought:

 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling & Ill. by Minalima--omg! This edition...this edition is just breathtaking!!! The illustrations along the pages, the interactive parts...omg, it's STUNNING!
The Brightest Night by Jennifer L. Armentrout
You Were Never Here by Kathleen Peacock--keeper copy!
Poisoned by Jennifer Donnelly--I had an ARC of it sitting in my pile but when I needed just one more book to activate my coupon I thought why not? Lol!
Exile by S.M Wilson--I still need to read the first book, but agian, The Book Depository sent me a coupon and I was weak!
Rebel by S.M. Wilson


Then my other ShopDisney order came in. So you may or may not know that Disney started a Minnie Mouse collector's set for each month this year that has a theme for a ride from Disney. I was lucky enough to snag the Peter Pan Minnie plushie, but when it came to the Haunted Mansion, I knew I was going to want more! Really, just the plushie and the headband and I GOT THEM!!

I positively LOVE the coloring of Minnie! The ears are sooo cool! I love the spooky veil and ribbons trailing from it! That's what really sold me on it! Lol!


Then on a related Disney Haunted Mansion note, MONTHS ago, I preorded the latest HM Funko Pops, but I wanted to get the rare Chase versions since they were of two of the stretching portraits!


It was basically paying double the price of one Funko from a higher retail price. Hot Topic sells them for like $12.50, so one of these cost $25. I felt like it was worth it since they look so much cooler! Lol! Now I just need to wait for the other two to eventually be released and I'll set them all below my framed picture of the stretching portraits!


And that was it for me this week!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!