Oct 20, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"'What is this?' I asked, peering closer at a smaller area in the middle of Florida. Everything around it was blue, but it was colorless. 'Is this not part of winter's territory?'

Nori leaned down to see what I was pointing at and then frowned. 'That's Disney. The belief magic there is so strong, it reshapes Faerie. No court can hold it.'" Kindle loc. 8%*


 

*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.

 

 

 

TITLE: Grave War
AUTHOR: Kalayna Price

PUBLISHER: Ace
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: November 24, 2020


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books That I Could Think of that I Read Because Someone Recommended Them to Me

 

*in no particular order

 

10. NOCTURNE by Syrie James--I can't remember what blogger it was...pretty much all of these were recommend by bloggers!
9. ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff--I mean obviously. I initially didn't want to read it because space settings are usually 70/30 with me hating/liking. This book has since upped that ratio!
8. DEAD GIRLS ARE EASY by Terri Garey--sadly, I still need to read this series!


7. THE DIABOLIC by S.J. Kincaid--I can't remember which blogger review finally got me to try this one...
6. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--I know right?! I initially thought it would be a poor ripoff of Roswell, but I was so, sooooooo, SOOOO wrong!
5. VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead--this I remember was recommend by two friends on a chat board I use to frequent before it disappeared. THIS was the book that brought me back to YA!



4. HUSH, HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick--another one I can't pinpoint to which blogger that got me onto it. But oh wow! Oh I LOVED this series!
3. TIGER'S CURSE by Colleen Houck--this was more a combined effort of the blogosphere. I'd seen so many rave reviews that when I was at one of the RT's and they had it on the FREE table, I picked that puppy up!
2. THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin--another combined effort of the blogosphere! Saw so many awesome reviews for this one that I had to pick up a copy and I LOVED it! So bizarre and intriguing! 


1. FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT by Darynda Jones--I remember seeing this on the shelves and thinking it was a chick-lit book. Yeah, I know. I must have missed the skulls and black nail polish! Lol! I read a review and realized how wrong I was and immediately bought a copy of book 1...which upon finishing I bought books 2 & 3 which were out! It's kind of funny, I have a MM paperback of book 1, a trade paperback of book 2 and then book 3 was my first hardcover of the series!  When you start out with those odd sizes, you almost don't want to go back and buy hardcovers! Lol.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!