Nov 3, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"The thing she'd birthed stretched. It untucked. It was shaped like a shadow that warped and ran and bent in odd places. With a quiver and a sigh, it gathered itself into the narrow form of a woman. Beautiful, with fingernails made to scratch. Jenny's blood on the floor was red as candy, and her mother's gathered in black pools, reflecting the moonlight like the glass eyes of a doll." Kindle loc 30%*


 

*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final. 




TITLE: Tales from the Hinterland
AUTHOR: Melissa Albert

PUBLISHER: Flatiron Books
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 12, 2021



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Non-Bookish Hobbies

 

*in no particular order

 

10. JIGSAW PUZZLES--on occasion I like to make jigsaw puzzles!
9. SEMI-BAKER--I like to bake on occasion as well! Mostly desserts! Never my own recipes but ones I find online!
8. WALKING--if the weather is good I like to go for walks


7. COIN COLLECTING--I previously mentioned having an oddball coin collection, basically all the bookish and non-monetary kinds! Lol!
6. TRAVELING--once upon a time, long long ago, I used to like to travel. Mostly anywhere I could drive or reasonably fly to author events. I'm not sure I'm going to remember the protocol for these whenever they get to happen again! Lol...sobbing!
5. GINGERBREAD COOKIE FREAK--yeah, for some reason at Christmastime I become obsessed with gingerbread cookie designs, decor, whatever! Lol! I'm a big fan of the Little Debbie cookies and really hope they come out this year. They've already said the trees will be delayed, but didn't mention any of the non-tree cakes.




4. WRITING--though I've taken too long of a break from it, I used to love writing. I still think things over with my one WIP, I just need to edit a few things and try submitting it around again!
3. FUNKO POP COLLECTOR--I love buying bookish ones from mostly Pages of the Night, but I also buy the regular ones from shows or whatnot that were absolute faves.
2. CRYSTAL HOARDER--I do like collecting different crystals and gemstones with different meanings. You know like ones that are good for confidence or warding off negative energy. Yeah, I'm a geek!


1. DISNEY GEEK--I'm a certified Disney Geek and proud of it! No matter how old I get, I'm never too old for Disney!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!